E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Powerball Lottery

05-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Powerball Lottery

So the jackpot for the Powerball lottery is 600 million dollars. What would you do if you won? What would you buy, would you donate to charity, give money to friends or family? I'm curious to see people's ideas on what to do with that much money.
      05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

not a whole lot, already doing pretty well. maybe a car just to celebrate, and save the rest.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

I would probably turn into someone like the late Howard Hughes and become a recluse, scared to leave the house for fear of catching bugs and leading to an early death.

I would have a garage full of cool cars that would be spotless and bug free.
      05-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I would probably give some to immediate family and maybe a friend. Then I would probably travel for a year or two. Once I'm back I would probably get a new house. If we are talking about getting a few hundred million clean then probably some toys also (car, boat). Invest most of it and put some into growing my businesses.

Actually... I meant hookers and blow.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

i would definitely take a bunch of condos scattered across the world over one huge mansion. $10mm on a mansion could be 20 pretty nice condos (with a hot houseguest) in every major city.

oh, i'd probaby rice out an integra again, for old times. yachts aren't worth it unless you plan to live in one. charter or get top cruise tickets the few times you'll actually do that.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 05-18-2013 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335IS

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [9.66]
some ammo
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I'd keep 10mill and have a blast giving the rest away.
      05-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
or be like warren buffet and say you're giving it away but you're actually just giving away the income/interest that it accrues in order to dodge taxes.

how about 100 g's so i could rent a berg and be a boat livin' laddy?

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 05-18-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 x1 xDrive35i, '13 Mustang

Buy/build/open up a BMW dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Tell no one and claim the prize under an alias created by my attorney and I. Eventually my car and gun collection would be crazy. Build a track around my property so I can safely speed when ever i want to.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

so one ticket from florida won. if it was me i'd take 5 million cash in 20's (would fill up an average closet), and the rest is going straight to a swiss bank account. and buy about 20 condos under a trust fund.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm honestly surprised only 1 person won the jackpot. Had to go to Florida too Last time the mega millions got this high 3 people won.

If I had won, I would have paid off the debts of all of my immediate family first. Maybe throw in 50k each to put into a long term CD or something too. Then find a nice house to buy or build on a lot of property. Build a large warehouse underground and then start ordering all the cars I want how I want them. Donate a few mil each to certain charities and medical research organizations. Then do some traveling.
      05-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Tell no one and claim the prize under an alias created by my attorney and I. Eventually my car and gun collection would be crazy. Build a track around my property so I can safely speed when ever i want to.
Oh yeah, build my own private track too.
      05-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck

I'd buy the NÜrburgring. Y'all have fun with your private tracks...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER
Right.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

I'd be Mpower's friend

I wouldn't win because I never buy lottery. But if I did anyway I have no idea, I would feel there is no point in life. What else is there to do? (no, hookers and blow don't count)

Maybe I would be typical and blow it all away, realize nobody likes me except for the money, marry the hottest bitch around, get divorced and loose a lot of it to her .. then very soon you will be back where you started. Ain't life good
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Wow.... So after getting past the initial shock of winning $600 million and celebrating with my family, I've finally eaten, slept and gotten on the computer. Apparently I've got to go downtown and not even show up at the grocery store I purchased my ticket at so that's nice. I decided I'll take the lump sum of ~$400 million and I'll get it within a couple of weeks after going through the paperwork. I still haven't claimed it and besides my parents and sister no one else knows (and I'll keep it that way). I'm in my early twenties and I've always been financially savvy so I'll invest it properly and set up my own charities. I've been looking up cars that were dream cars up until yesterday and they'll be in my garage(s) soon enough. I just can't express how excited I am and how everything has become so much better now. I might even host a contest on here where I'll buy someone an M3 or two.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Wow.... So after getting past the initial shock of winning $600 million and celebrating with my family, I've finally eaten, slept and gotten on the computer. Apparently I've got to go downtown and not even show up at the grocery store I purchased my ticket at so that's nice. I decided I'll take the lump sum of ~$400 million and I'll get it within a couple of weeks after going through the paperwork. I still haven't claimed it and besides my parents and sister no one else knows (and I'll keep it that way). I'm in my early twenties and I've always been financially savvy so I'll invest it properly and set up my own charities. I've been looking up cars that were dream cars up until yesterday and they'll be in my garage(s) soon enough. I just can't express how excited I am and how everything has become so much better now. I might even host a contest on here where I'll buy someone an M3 or two.
idiot, claim it right away in case you lose the ticket. until it's cashed in and official, that thing is a ticking bomb.

if you lose that ticket, it's worse than never winning.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 05-19-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #19
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
not sure if serious
      05-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Right.
i suppose i should clarify. I'd pay off every debt i have, make some changes to my current house, purchase a ranch in Colorado and build an off the grid house out there. Get a few things, keep $10mil in some safe low interest bearing places, live off the interest. Even at a meager 3% interest you're pulling in $300,000. a year. I'm plenty capable of living off of $300k a year without any expenses other than taxes and utilities. My wife and i don't have kids and aside from a few luxuries, we like to do things that don't cost a lot money so we can easily get by on that amount of money.

The balance of it would be given to reputable charities as well as making our own foundation. A reasonable portion would be held back to do things like have free gas Thursdays, pay off peoples mortgage for when they perform a random act of kindness, etc... Rather than give friends and family members money i'd likely pay off their mortgages instead. I figure removing a families largest expense can be life changing and they wouldn't blow it on a viper with purple wheels or some stupid shit like that.
      05-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
jfiore13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls
Quote:
idiot, claim it right away in case you lose the ticket. until it's cashed in and official, that thing is a ticking bomb.

if you lose that ticket, it's worse than never winning.
He didn't win !! He's full of shit.. You people actually believe this person .. Haha jokes he can only wish
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Lolz at people taking me serious.
Appreciate 0