E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > A7 order - arriving early! Mixed thoughts....

12-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #23
JJD
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Not sure about tyre flat spots, I think I'd be more concerned with brake components seizing but then it's a new car and hasn't had any significant f heat cycles through the brakes so I reckon that'd be fine too.

Why is it tho that every time I think of the Audi A7 I see Alex Polizzi? If she came with the car I reckon I'd take it as soon as I could get it
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #24
HeavyRightFoot
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

I must be honest, I didn't know what Alex Polizzi looks like so I googled her.
It upset me a little...

So I found this to cheer me up!

12-30-2011, 03:20 AM   #25
mpgrant5
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2 cs + 340d

M3 fast how many miles have you done in the m3? And would you have bought again now you have owned 1 for a few years ?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #26
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD View Post
Not sure about tyre flat spots, I think I'd be more concerned with brake components seizing but then it's a new car and hasn't had any significant f heat cycles through the brakes so I reckon that'd be fine too.

Why is it tho that every time I think of the Audi A7 I see Alex Polizzi? If she came with the car I reckon I'd take it as soon as I could get it
I reckon the brakes etc will be fine as all brand new and unused, as you say no heat cycles through them.

I know what you mean about Alex Polizzi though although in the program she drives an A5 and not an A7.

She is supposedly a proper petrol head and personally has an RS6 Avant with a 'ring sticker on the back. Reg plate is an Ulster one showing POL 1221
Attached Images

Last edited by M3-FAST; 12-30-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #27
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrant5 View Post
M3 fast how many miles have you done in the m3? And would you have bought again now you have owned 1 for a few years ?
I have done about 17k miles now in the M3 and yes, if I was in the market again for that type of car I would buy one without a doubt. The chassis is superb and not a lot handles like an M3. It is the benchmark car in every magazine and TV show when something similar is released and more often than not is the journalists/drivers choice of car.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #28
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
I have done about 17k miles now in the M3 and yes, if I was in the market again for that type of car I would buy one without a doubt. The chassis is superb and not a lot handles like an M3. It is the benchmark car in every magazine and TV show when something similar is released and more often than not is the journalists/drivers choice of car.
I saw a gun grey M3 saloon at the Trafford today....Awesome. Think it actually stands out more than the couple, maybe as they are quite rare?
      12-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #29
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
I saw a gun grey M3 saloon at the Trafford today....Awesome. Think it actually stands out more than the couple, maybe as they are quite rare?
I agree, there are very few saloon M3's around, well certainly around Stafford anyway, mine seems to be the only one!

I see a few coupe's knocking about in various colours and a white vert.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #30
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
I agree, there are very few saloon M3's around, well certainly around Stafford anyway, mine seems to be the only one!

I see a few coupe's knocking about in various colours and a white vert.
This must have only been the second saloon I have ever seen. Lots of coupes and quite a few verts.

No tourings though
      01-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
sandwichman
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Hi guys - hope everone had a fab xmas!

Well as some of you have prob read on my earlier thread, I ordered an Audi A7 at the start of November - this was after viewing and driving the demo car on an extended drive - I was told I had to decide quickly as the only available build slot they had was week 13 in 2012 and as I needed the car early May when the M3 goes back, I was keen to secure this slot so deposit was placed on this spec.....

V6 3.0 TDi 245PS Quattro S-line 7speed S-tronic.

Dakota Grey Pearlescent Paint
Black Nappa leather with Alcantara Inserts and grey stitching
Privacy Glass
MMI Nav plus inc MMI touch up paint manufacturer
Mobile tel prep with Online Services
20" x 9J 5 segment-spoke alloys

The chap that sold me the car emailed last week to say he was leaving Stafford Audi, and that my order would be looked after by another salesman. He also said that the car is due to be built early next year and so should be here well in advance of my collection date. I thought this was a little odd but emailed back to wish him well and merry xmas and promptly forgot all about the subject!

Today I received another email from his colleague, who explained that he would now be looking after me and my order and that there is good news! The car has been built and is due at the dealer in 3-4 weeks! He said that if I want the car sooner that's great but if not we can wait for the original delivery date.

Now, I find this huge jump in dates quite strange? Audi (well in fact the whole VAG group) have been infamous of late for their very long lead times so how come my car has been built after 6 weeks instead of the 6 months as previously indicated??

Now this has started a few thoughts in my head....will they register the vehicle and if so when will the warranty start? Now this car is leased so it won't matter too much to me, unless I decide to extend the 2 year lease for an extra year and could it mean the warranty will expire 4 months earlier or does a warranty start from the date of delivery?

I am also not keen on the car standing idle for 4 months before I take delivery of it - will the service indicator come on sooner due to the time the oil has been in there?

What do you guys think? Am I just being a bit silly and paranoid or do you think I have cause for concern. I know Audi have been chucking huge deposit contributions at cars registered this year - now the garage have a chassis number they can get it registered - does that mean they might have taken advantage of that contribution and not pass it on to me, although seeing as I dont want the car until May I can't really expect that can I!

I also wonder how they can afford to sit on £50k+ of car and not get it invoiced until May?

I value anyone's thoughts and comments on this before I ring the garage tomorrow and voice my concerns
These guys don't sound legit. Have you googled them to see if there are any complaints or scam warnings floating around about them?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #33
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichman View Post
Quote:
Hi guys - hope everone had a fab xmas!

Well as some of you have prob read on my earlier thread, I ordered an Audi A7 at the start of November - this was after viewing and driving the demo car on an extended drive - I was told I had to decide quickly as the only available build slot they had was week 13 in 2012 and as I needed the car early May when the M3 goes back, I was keen to secure this slot so deposit was placed on this spec.....

V6 3.0 TDi 245PS Quattro S-line 7speed S-tronic.

Dakota Grey Pearlescent Paint
Black Nappa leather with Alcantara Inserts and grey stitching
Privacy Glass
MMI Nav plus inc MMI touch up paint manufacturer
Mobile tel prep with Online Services
20" x 9J 5 segment-spoke alloys

The chap that sold me the car emailed last week to say he was leaving Stafford Audi, and that my order would be looked after by another salesman. He also said that the car is due to be built early next year and so should be here well in advance of my collection date. I thought this was a little odd but emailed back to wish him well and merry xmas and promptly forgot all about the subject!

Today I received another email from his colleague, who explained that he would now be looking after me and my order and that there is good news! The car has been built and is due at the dealer in 3-4 weeks! He said that if I want the car sooner that's great but if not we can wait for the original delivery date.

Now, I find this huge jump in dates quite strange? Audi (well in fact the whole VAG group) have been infamous of late for their very long lead times so how come my car has been built after 6 weeks instead of the 6 months as previously indicated??

Now this has started a few thoughts in my head....will they register the vehicle and if so when will the warranty start? Now this car is leased so it won't matter too much to me, unless I decide to extend the 2 year lease for an extra year and could it mean the warranty will expire 4 months earlier or does a warranty start from the date of delivery?

I am also not keen on the car standing idle for 4 months before I take delivery of it - will the service indicator come on sooner due to the time the oil has been in there?

What do you guys think? Am I just being a bit silly and paranoid or do you think I have cause for concern. I know Audi have been chucking huge deposit contributions at cars registered this year - now the garage have a chassis number they can get it registered - does that mean they might have taken advantage of that contribution and not pass it on to me, although seeing as I dont want the car until May I can't really expect that can I!

I also wonder how they can afford to sit on £50k of car and not get it invoiced until May?

I value anyone's thoughts and comments on this before I ring the garage tomorrow and voice my concerns
These guys don't sound legit. Have you googled them to see if there are any complaints or scam warnings floating around about them?
It is Audi Stafford!

Highly doubt they are not legit?!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #34
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
No. It's troll time. He has added a link onto your original post, right after MMI.

As said,
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #35
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
your wisdom is required over on PH

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...%2E&mid=176385
      01-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #36
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman View Post
It appears so...allow me to go and educate them!

I don't mind PH too much if it's in the more specific manufacturer sections but in the GG area it really is full of utter wankers....I just don't get how people can be so obnoxious, rude, sarcastic.....for what exactly?

Anyway, thats for another discussion!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #37
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
No. It's troll time. He has added a link onto your original post, right after MMI.

As said,
Never spotted that!!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #38
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Why do that - help with google searches or something (sorry off-topic)
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #39
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
It appears so...allow me to go and educate them!

I don't mind PH too much if it's in the more specific manufacturer sections but in the GG area it really is full of utter wankers....I just don't get how people can be so obnoxious, rude, sarcastic.....for what exactly?

Anyway, thats for another discussion!
you forgot pedantic and arrogant

although i have to admit it can be a very informative forum also, some of the finance and housing sections are really good

but there's a lot of 'hard men' behind a keyboard there!
      01-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well I spoke to the dealer today an expressed my concerns about the car arriving so early and standing around.

They were as surprised as I was apparantly and really don't know why it has been built so early but he did say that they have had a couple of A6's arrive similarly early!

As for tyre flat spots I think they will be apparent as soon as I drive the thing so I there is any kind of vibration it will be going straight back for new tyres! I might ask them of they can over inflate them whilst it is standing?

They are also investigating to see if it's ok to leave the shipping wrapping on to help protect the paint from the elements and bird crap etc! I await their response on that.

As for warranties and service intervals etc they all start from pdi/delivery date and these won't be done until just before delivery

I did comment that if Audi wanted to clear the last 3 lease payments on the M3 I would have the car early but I think it fell on dead ears ha ha

Looking forward to going to view it now when it arrives at the dealership. I must praise Stafford Audi so far, since the initial blip, communication has since been excellent with calls/emails attended to promptly. Makes a refreshing change!!

My M3 was a good month earlier than I was quoted at the time of ordering it. I think it's down to how many orders they take per month and they have a theoretical build time, unless things change. Sounds like things are a bit quiet on A7's. If they register it, won't you lose a few months tax?

I might be tempted to phone another dealer a see what they quote for a build period, just out of curiosity.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #41
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
My M3 was a good month earlier than I was quoted at the time of ordering it. I think it's down to how many orders they take per month and they have a theoretical build time, unless things change. Sounds like things are a bit quiet on A7's. If they register it, won't you lose a few months tax?

I might be tempted to phone another dealer a see what they quote for a build period, just out of curiosity.

I know what you mean Del, but I actually took over an actual order that the dealer already had in the system - he showed it me on the computer for week 13 and it was a for a white 3.0TDi SE - the spec of this was then altered to suit my order....if they didn't sell it beforehand they were going to have it as one of their demo/management cars.

I doubt the finance will let them register it as they will expect payments to start on it? I guess the dealer will sell it to VWFS and they in turn lease it to me - that's what happened with the M3 anyhow, Bluebell sold it to BMW financial services.

A spanner in the works for them will be my private plate - I have go to change the nomineee to VWFS and then the car will be registered with it so they can't do that until I sort the change of nominee out

The dealer said he had heard of a few A7's arriving very early and also they had some A6's in early also. As you say, prob not selling many! There are certainly very few on the road.

One of my colleagues suggested the same this morning about ringing another dealer and see what lead times they quote.

It must be my car as the chances of another one being in production with exactly the same spec as mine will be very unlikely IMO - there must be literally thousands of combinations available.

I am not too bothered if I am honest now - just concerned about the paintwork but if they can leave it wrapped that should eliminate any bird dropping etch marks or similar.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #42
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I know what you mean Del, but I actually took over an actual order that the dealer already had in the system - he showed it me on the computer for week 13 and it was a for a white 3.0TDi SE - the spec of this was then altered to suit my order....if they didn't sell it beforehand they were going to have it as one of their demo/management cars.

I doubt the finance will let them register it as they will expect payments to start on it? I guess the dealer will sell it to VWFS and they in turn lease it to me - that's what happened with the M3 anyhow, Bluebell sold it to BMW financial services.

A spanner in the works for them will be my private plate - I have go to change the nomineee to VWFS and then the car will be registered with it so they can't do that until I sort the change of nominee out

The dealer said he had heard of a few A7's arriving very early and also they had some A6's in early also. As you say, prob not selling many! There are certainly very few on the road.

One of my colleagues suggested the same this morning about ringing another dealer and see what lead times they quote.

It must be my car as the chances of another one being in production with exactly the same spec as mine will be very unlikely IMO - there must be literally thousands of combinations available.

I am not too bothered if I am honest now - just concerned about the paintwork but if they can leave it wrapped that should eliminate any bird dropping etch marks or similar.
Understood. If they had a build slot already, that would explain a lot. You're worried about flats on the tyres. I think I'd prefer that to it being in the way all the time and someone moving it constantly.

I'm sure it will be fine, after all and paint defect before you signing it off, will be extra headache for them.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #43
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
It won't be in the way. Stafford Audi is next to a huge Screwfix warehouse . They seem to have exclusive use of one of the overflow car parks as it is full of brand new Audi's so guess it will be stored there. There is a security guard working for Screwfix so they seem well secure at night also.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #44
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

I'd be worried about hard rain on the roof

I saw an A7 on the motorway yesterday. Looks nice.... not as nice as the pics I've seen of the 640 Grand Coupe 4-door but for £10k less money I can handle a bit less nice.
Appreciate 0