E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > aftermarket intakes

02-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
ahnh77
chichen
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi

aftermarket intakes

do any of these e90 intakes being sold come with the carb legal sticker?....(specifically california carb sticker).....i know k&n products come with carb legal stickers to pass california smog inspection...and avoid fix-it tickets if one was cited by an officer....

i like to do some modifications....but i'm not a high school kid any more..so i want modifications that come with paperworks to make sure these products being sold are legal.....i want to avoid any hassle with aftermarket products....
      02-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Chesmu
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
so get a K&N. I'm not sure if aftermarketr exhausts would be an issue. Check the links on Ksfrogman's sticky...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45158
      02-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
ahnh77
chichen
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi

currently k&n does not have an intake system for the e90 (not that i know of)..they only have the drop-in replacement filter.....just having a k&n cone filter will not get you a carb legal sticker....

k&n will only give you a california carb legal sticker for a complete k&n intake system....and usually it cost companies money to get their system approved for carb legal status....to make them actually "legal"...any intake system without the sticker is considered "illegal"...same for exhausts...if it doesn't come with paperwork to show that it passes and meet emissions and sound standards...it's not really "legal"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post
so get a K&N. I'm not sure if aftermarketr exhausts would be an issue. Check the links on Ksfrogman's sticky...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45158