E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Something Wrong With Tints...

02-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Angry Something Wrong With Tints...

i have 35% huper optik that was installed by one of the best tinters in my area (art of tint, tom). the first install was good for the first two weeks. after that i had a white haze develop on both my doors and back window which was done during the summer.

i held off the touch up due to school so about 2 months ago i went back to my tinter and he fixed the tints by reapplying new film. after another week the white haze started to develop again and its even worse then the first time expecially on my rear winshield.

what is causing this white hazing to surface? i followed all the rules of not using the windows, rubbing fingers on the dot matrixes two days after to make it stick better, and never touched the defroster even the heat in the winter (north face jacket and heated seats are good enough for me).

i don't want to be a bitch and go back to my tinter and be like it happened again. on the other hand i really want it fixed. i have no idea what is causing it. any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Well Don't call 'em "Tints" tat might help you out, and then HELL yeah you take that shit back in bro...

Don't mess around and don't sweat it, if the tint isn't right it isn't right. Huper Optik is a bitch to install properly, ask just about any good shop they'll tell you that it's a mother. It's good stuff, but it can be a real whore to get right, so be patient, and keep at it till it's done right.

I wrestled for a few months with my tint before I was satisfied. So just keep at it.
      02-20-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
luckistryke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i have 35% huper optik that was installed by one of the best tinters in my area (art of tint, tom). the first install was good for the first two weeks. after that i had a white haze develop on both my doors and back window which was done during the summer.

i held off the touch up due to school so about 2 months ago i went back to my tinter and he fixed the tints by reapplying new film. after another week the white haze started to develop again and its even worse then the first time expecially on my rear winshield.

what is causing this white hazing to surface? i followed all the rules of not using the windows, rubbing fingers on the dot matrixes two days after to make it stick better, and never touched the defroster even the heat in the winter (north face jacket and heated seats are good enough for me).

i don't want to be a bitch and go back to my tinter and be like it happened again. on the other hand i really want it fixed. i have no idea what is causing it. any ideas?
the white haze are called heat burn-in or Ghosting by the heatgun. V-kool(residental/commercial) and Huper Optik(auto) are similar in constructions. your asking a FLATGLASS film that wasnt design to shrink in the first place to shrink. the thicker consructions make it hard to handle and shrink. you have to apply a lot if heat if you want the film to conform to the glasses curve. and there goes your problems. some HO dealers are applying ceramic on the sides and another non-ceramic brand for the main back window and charging ceramic prices. CP Films parent Co. of Formula One ceramic and LLumar AXCESS ceramic dont have that issues as far as i know. do your research first guys....go out to the car meets and check out your fellow member ride. ask them ????

if you dont like the tint you can always ask for your $$$ back