E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Cold Cold Start/Service Engine Soon Light

02-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
C.Shopp335xi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90 M-sport

Cold Cold Start/Service Engine Soon Light

Car has been sitting in the cold for a few days/nights and when it was started today the service engine soon light was on. Could this be because it has been in the cold and not driven/started for a few days? I am not in the country, but I have it a family member's house (thus how the info was relayed to me). Just wondering if they should drive it around and see if the light goes out or not.

Also had the low tire pressure light on (from the cold), would this trigger the SESL? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
      02-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Have them put air in the tires and they should take it to autozone to have the codes checked; they check it for free.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0