E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Car leasing or pcp confused ?

02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be a c63

Car leasing or pcp confused ?

Hi not been on in a while and need some advice.

I have had a few cars In the last 3 years and they inc a 335d msport, e46 m3 vert and a beautiful e60 m5 which I sold in January 2012.
I sold it due to other commitments and have been driving a Clio 1.5 dci for the last 9 months

I am now in a position to buy/lease a nice car again
So here is my query, I am looking a a c63 amg estate new and would like to know from experience the best way to purchase one.

My 335d was on pcp with a big deposit and a bubble at the end of 36, but I have no intentions on keeping the car for longer than 2years so I looked in to leasing.

I have been offered a 3 x24 at £527 delivery end of may inc tax but no servicing
Is this a good deal? Or am i better going in to my local mcb dealers and going through a pcp with a larger depo and just hoping the car is worth more than the fianance at the time I wish to replace it??
Any help would be appreciated lee
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

I think if you bought a brand new C63 you'd take an absolute bath on it over two years, unless you figuratively raped the sales person.

Why tie up a huge (comparatively speaking) chunk of capital in a deposit and spend two years wondering whether you're 'in funds' or not?

If the downside to leasing is a lack of flexibility then the upside is absolute cost transparency; you know that the car will cost you (servicing aside) 3+23@ £527.00 no more, no less.

Let MB Corporate or Lex or whoever is funding the car have the sleepless nights over whether they've calculated the RV correctly or not.

Let me (prematurely) welcome you to the C63 club. Make friends with a tyre fitter and petrol pump attendant.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
I think if you bought a brand new C63 you'd take an absolute bath on it over two years, unless you figuratively raped the sales person.

Why tie up a huge (comparatively speaking) chunk of capital in a deposit and spend two years wondering whether you're 'in funds' or not?

If the downside to leasing is a lack of flexibility then the upside is absolute cost transparency; you know that the car will cost you (servicing aside) 3+23@ £527.00 no more, no less.

Let MB Corporate or Lex or whoever is funding the car have the sleepless nights over whether they've calculated the RV correctly or not.

Let me (prematurely) welcome you to the C63 club. Make friends with a tyre fitter and petrol pump attendant.

QFE. And not just for a C63. Had exactly this conversation at the weekend with a mate.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

That deal looks good. They must be getting those cars seriously cheap to not be getting absolutely spit roasted on that deal. I would guess that if you bought one of those at full list it would lose what you are paying over 2 years in the first 6 months or there abouts.
      02-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Is that including vat?

It is here for £495....

http://www.countrywidevehicleleasing...dr-auto-848438

6x23 £429...

http://www.autobuddy.co.uk/Quotation...m=24&deposit=6
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

For a high value car that you have no intention of owning it has to be personal lease. You know exactly where you stand financially from day one. Deposit (up front cost) is generally low and provided you keep the car within mileage and well looked after it is hassle free. I quite like 2 year deals, likely to only require one oil change service and if driven carefully no requirement for tyres etc - C63 may be an exception here.

My 640d is my first lease and I will do it again. I have my eye on an E 220CDI AMG Sport Auto estate next at £280 ish per month if they are still around at the end of the year.
Appreciate 0