E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Lurching when stopping

06-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
m2b1969
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Lurching when stopping

I have a 2006 325i sedan; Bought the car 3 years ago; and just the past few months as you come to a stop at the last second; the car acts as if it wants to jump forward.

I checked around there is a TSB on it; took it to BMW they did a reprogram, but told me that it could come back. Well a month later the lurching forward is back; but off and on.

The dealer said if it does it again then I would need a new tranny. Well I'm no BMW expert but why would I need a new transmission if it is an electronic issue? There has to be a solenoid or module that cause that if reprogramming it can fix it.

Am I thinking correct or incorrect? Next if it needs a transmission; I like the car but do not want to pay the stealership 9500.00 the car is not worth that even if it was in perfect condition. However, I would maybe try to buy a transmission and swap it myself as i am very mechanically versed an have changed quite a few trannys but never in a BMW; but it seems about the same.

If so where would you find a transmission; a few reputable shops around here in Tulsa do not fool with BMW. Any suggestions and guidance is welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
yeukfung
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90 2005 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2b1969 View Post
I have a 2006 325i sedan; Bought the car 3 years ago; and just the past few months as you come to a stop at the last second; the car acts as if it wants to jump forward.

I checked around there is a TSB on it; took it to BMW they did a reprogram, but told me that it could come back. Well a month later the lurching forward is back; but off and on.

The dealer said if it does it again then I would need a new tranny. Well I'm no BMW expert but why would I need a new transmission if it is an electronic issue? There has to be a solenoid or module that cause that if reprogramming it can fix it.

Am I thinking correct or incorrect? Next if it needs a transmission; I like the car but do not want to pay the stealership 9500.00 the car is not worth that even if it was in perfect condition. However, I would maybe try to buy a transmission and swap it myself as i am very mechanically versed an have changed quite a few trannys but never in a BMW; but it seems about the same.

If so where would you find a transmission; a few reputable shops around here in Tulsa do not fool with BMW. Any suggestions and guidance is welcome.
Hi,

I have the same case as you before with 2-1 transmission lurching which has been fixed.

here is good reference,
http://www.bmwlogicseven.com/?p=3738

you need to replace the main gasket and 4 plastic little rod connecting between the valve body and transmission, when the time i take out, it's brittle and short, which cannot hold up enough pressure for the transmission clutches to operation properly.

more surprisingly, i call to local parts store, the new valvebody for this ZF6HP19 in HK is around 15,000HKD, which is around US1,800, that is still far from 9,100 USD for entire transmission.

i had a thread written up in chinese, just see the pictures you may know what's going on, or let me know if u need some more info...
http://www.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=27463165

you can view the adaptation value in ISTA/P, or even using tool32 loading GS19B/D to read the adaptation values to identify if it's the root cause.

I have replaced all those gasket, reset adaptation and now the transmission 2-1 issue not happening again over 7000km.

it should be a cheap fixes, if you only changing those gaskets, all the parts is able to find in ebay
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #3
m2b1969
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Thank you for the information
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
eetadik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Noneya

As strange as this is going to sound...Control arm bushings.
Appreciate 0