E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Really angry with the cops in my town.....

03-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #67
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

The automatic plate viewing mentioned earlier. I don't like the presumption that I am guilty of something. Additionally, it's not farfetched that my driving patterns are tracked. Slippery slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
Are you talking about running plates? I agree that an officer needs reasonable suspicion (not probable cause) to stop a car. However, the USSC has ruled a dozen times over the years that we can run license plates anytime we want to as long as we are in a place that legally allows us to view the plate. I randomly runs plates all the time (I work a high crime area) looking for stolen cars or plate that don't match the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #68
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Brake-check his bitch ass!! I sure do. they need to follow the law and drive with atleast 2 car lengths behind you. Of course only do this if you don't have a warrant or anything illegal going on.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #69
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
Completely taken out of context.

First of all, where did I say I stopped cars with no probable cause? If I see a car going down the road with just 1 headlight on at 4am, I have probable cause to stop him but doesn't mean I have to write him a ticket for it.

99% of the time, I will not write this person a ticket unless he/she becomes unruly or just acts very hostile.

If I'm busy on other police matters, I will not bother stopping people with defective headlights, but if it's a very slow night, then yes, I will stop those cars to stay busy.

Keep your car clean and all lights in good condition...drive properly. I believe even if some light is off, you can honestly say you didnt notice it.
cops' job is not that easy, they are always under risk and pressure...and that may lead to some being not so nice.

Interestingly, once my aunt (naughty driver) got away with almost jumping red light driving behind me because a cop positioned at that light was focused on my shining white lancer with 18'' chromes and tinted glasses..lol. i was all good boy...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #70
jeffreythethird
Sturmtrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Grey 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Brake-check his bitch ass!! I sure do. they need to follow the law and drive with atleast 2 car lengths behind you. Of course only do this if you don't have a warrant or anything illegal going on.
I've done that before!!! haha the fuker barely stopped in time! Although for the most part, and I've never been pulled over or hassled, and I live in the suburban/county area with illegal tints n sh1t ... I guess they have better things to do.

Although, I stopped driving my car after 12 pm so that might be why ... haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0