E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New car ordered . . . .

02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

New car ordered . . . .

No, not another BMW.
No, not for me!

After months of pestering, my Good Lady has test driven a few likely cars to replace her 1.4 Ibiza Sport.

Not really the car I should have bought - the heart ruling the head unfortunately. Plus, finding a car with what she wants/needs isn't that easy, bearing in mind our budget.

She is VERY fussy about seats in a car, and MUST have heated seats (disc problems/old age etc.). She wants more power than her 85bhp Ibiza, but mostly does short runs. Again, due to past car buying (I got a tremendous deal on a Renault a few years ago from the Company I worked for. She spec'd it up big time) she doesn't want to lose all the toys.

So, a red Fabia vRS, with black wheels & roof has been ordered.
More than twice the power of the Ibiza, automatic too. Be a bit of a culture shock! And who know's what she will get after it!!

To cap all of today's spending, the Admiral Insurance difference between arthritic Ibiza and storming Fabia. . . . £32 for the year. Where's the logic???

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Well if the MKII Fabia RS is anything like the MKI it will be a cracking car. You'll have to get yourself over to Briskoda. First forum I ever joined.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Good site Briskoda.... I was on there a few cars ago. A very comprehensive and friendly site.

I like the Fabia vRS DSG, couldn't persuade my wife and daughter of the relative merits so it never made the short list !
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

+1 on Briskoda. The Fabia vRS will be fun + they are amazing value with the Skoda VAT offer and extra discount.

Had a orginal vRS diesel as a 2nd car and it was great fun, shame they never made the diesel manual in the new model.