E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Performed my civic duty tonight - Video inside - Lady got charged with Careless

12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

I should say good job for reporting it. This stuff needs to be reported more. But I agree with the rest, next time just report it and go home. Let the police do the work instead.

I should note it is very dangerous to follow someone home like that. What if they decide to get out at the next red light and attack you? What if they're armed? Not only will you be putting yourself at risk, but you'll be putting the police officers and first responders who will be coming to save you at risk too. The best approach to safety is proactiveness and to avoid situations that could cause conflicts.

That being said, it's good you reported it but next time, get their plate, a description of the driver, and that's enough for the police.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Why bother,
good job keep following people home, let me know how that works out for ya.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
I should say good job for reporting it. This stuff needs to be reported more. But I agree with the rest, next time just report it and go home. Let the police do the work instead.

I should note it is very dangerous to follow someone home like that. What if they decide to get out at the next red light and attack you? What if they're armed? Not only will you be putting yourself at risk, but you'll be putting the police officers and first responders who will be coming to save you at risk too. The best approach to safety is proactiveness and to avoid situations that could cause conflicts.

That being said, it's good you reported it but next time, get their plate, a description of the driver, and that's enough for the police.
^ I agree.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
DEMONSE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black 328XI

How about a Cookie for all your hard work?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #27
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Wow there's a lot of knuckle heads here on the forums... Most likely they have to blow start their own cars.

Bitching and crying cause some dude thought someone was driving while intoxicated? WTF?

OP if you think you are actually doing the right thing then do it. The critics are butthurt cause you struck a nerve, and you do come across a little bit as "hey lookit me", and the mention of race, but whatever, do what you feel is right.

My wife was broadsided by a drunk scumbag a few years ago, no drama she was just fine, but the piece of shit driving was acting just like the idiots cry-babying about you video taping. Angry, warped, and convinced he did nothing wrong... Driving while intoxicated is a signal that there is a great deal wrong with that person, it's a symptom of a life out of control, and broken brain.

So do what you're doing, might actually make a difference.
      06-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #28
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Wow there's a lot of knuckle heads here on the forums... Most likely they have to blow start their own cars.

Bitching and crying cause some dude thought someone was driving while intoxicated? WTF?

OP if you think you are actually doing the right thing then do it. The critics are butthurt cause you struck a nerve, and you do come across a little bit as "hey lookit me", and the mention of race, but whatever, do what you feel is right.

My wife was broadsided by a drunk scumbag a few years ago, no drama she was just fine, but the piece of shit driving was acting just like the idiots cry-babying about you video taping. Angry, warped, and convinced he did nothing wrong... Driving while intoxicated is a signal that there is a great deal wrong with that person, it's a symptom of a life out of control, and broken brain.

So do what you're doing, might actually make a difference.

Actually nobody is "bitching and crying" because some dude thought someone was intoxicated. Seems more like some members didnt appreciate the fact that the OP decided to follow this person thru the highway like a wannabe vigilante causing a bigger distraction for the "black lady" that was allegedly driving under the influence. Everyone knows that you're more likely to cause an accident by serving as a distraction to an impaired driver then reporting it and moving along.

oh and the person you are defending? Well he isnt really role model citizen per say and it seems like his driving brings more harm to people then it does "civic duties"

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/3-cou...me-me-1198462/
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONSE90 View Post
How about a Cookie for all your hard work?
Yes I would love one. I like those ones they have at subway the macadamia ones. Bring one to the next meet.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Actually nobody is "bitching and crying" because some dude thought someone was intoxicated. Seems more like some members didnt appreciate the fact that the OP decided to follow this person thru the highway like a wannabe vigilante causing a bigger distraction for the "black lady" that was allegedly driving under the influence. Everyone knows that you're more likely to cause an accident by serving as a distraction to an impaired driver then reporting it and moving along.

oh and the person you are defending? Well he isnt really role model citizen per say and it seems like his driving brings more harm to people then it does "civic duties"

All those charges were dropped btw.

Hov lane was dropped due to improper disclosure.
Fail to stop at red light cop didn't show.
Uturn at railway crossing dropped cause it was legal. I did mine at 125 meters or so.according to the officer. Which he testified at in court. It's only illegal if it is 30 meters within.
No signal was also dropped cause he said he didn't see a yellow turn signal. He was behind me and we dont have yellow rear signals so prosecution withdrew that charge too.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post

Interesting... SO, yeah I'm out.
      09-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #32
Hamzahk24
///M-Sport
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I

Im more than just a number
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #33
Phas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamzahk24 View Post
Im more than just a number
This original thread started December 2012 by the OP.
I think the OP has had numerous misfortunes since that date.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881045

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880379

Cheers

Last edited by Phas; 09-01-2013 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #34
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phas View Post

Cheers
lol
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #35
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

Haters gon hate
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #36
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Nice robocop is back
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #37
lcg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i

I would have reported and that's it... Idk why you went through all that headache
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec
Nice robocop is back
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #39
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phas View Post

Cheers
lol so he let the lexus hit him in that second link?

if OP was paying attention, it would've never happened. but then I suppose it'd be another 4 am, 30 minute long video and phone call, so he took the shortcut this time.

I didn't see anything particularly abnormal from the Original Video with the Altima, but maybe thats just me used to Chicago driving. Need more things to fill your day if you can follow someone so aimlessly for so long.

I've called in DUI's before with success, but I am exact in my description, and thats it. I don't pretend to be a cop.

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0