E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > bmw 335i strange noise



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Flackoo
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

bmw 335i strange noise

i have a 2009 bmw 335i and it has a weird sound. does anyone know what it is or where its coming from?


Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
MooreBoost
Stand-up Philosopher
MooreBoost's Avatar
6
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: '10 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bradenton, Florida

iTrader: (0)

I've had squeaky belts sound like that.

Take a look at yours to make sure it's not degrading, then try some belt lubricant as a temporary fix.
__________________
| VRSF | RB | K&N | MHD | XHP |
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
MysticRob
First Lieutenant
114
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flackoo View Post
i have a 2009 bmw 335i and it has a weird sound. does anyone know what it is or where its coming from?
Pretty sure it's coming from the car.
Muffler bearings are shot. LOL
What is it with posts like these? Troll, or seriously asking?
Do people not know how to open the hood and listen?
Does the sound occur only when moving, only when engine is running, in the vacuum of deep space? How can anyone think a random squeak on a video can be properly diagnosed with anything other than a wild ass guess?
__________________
2009 E90 335i M Sport Sedan / 137k Miles / Alpine White Exterior & Red-Brown Interior / BMS DCI / Mishimoto FMIC / MHD Stage 2+FMIC 91 CA-Octane Tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
Flackoo
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
Pretty sure it's coming from the car.
Muffler bearings are shot. LOL
What is it with posts like these? Troll, or seriously asking?
Do people not know how to open the hood and listen?
Does the sound occur only when moving, only when engine is running, in the vacuum of deep space? How can anyone think a random squeak on a video can be properly diagnosed with anything other than a wild ass guess?
It only occurs when it's moving when I give it throttle it sounds like it's coming from the engine
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
MysticRob
First Lieutenant
114
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flackoo View Post
It only occurs when it's moving when I give it throttle it sounds like it's coming from the engine
Say what now? Run-on sentences are for kids.
So just to clarify, revving the engine in park does NOT cause it?
And it doesn't do it when you're moving but not revving the engine?
Or does it do it also while coasting and off the throttle? How about with the brakes applied and moving?

Take all your troubleshooting actions, add them up logically, and I bet you'll get it figured out.
__________________
2009 E90 335i M Sport Sedan / 137k Miles / Alpine White Exterior & Red-Brown Interior / BMS DCI / Mishimoto FMIC / MHD Stage 2+FMIC 91 CA-Octane Tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #6
Flackoo
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
Say what now? Run-on sentences are for kids.
So just to clarify, revving the engine in park does NOT cause it?
And it doesn't do it when you're moving but not revving the engine?
Or does it do it also while coasting and off the throttle? How about with the brakes applied and moving?

Take all your troubleshooting actions, add them up logically, and I bet you'll get it figured out.
Yes revving the engine does cause it, also while in motion throttle or no throttle you still hear it. Nothing wrong with the brakes
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
MysticRob
First Lieutenant
114
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flackoo View Post
It only occurs when it's moving when I give it throttle it sounds like it's coming from the engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flackoo View Post
Yes revving the engine does cause it, also while in motion throttle or no throttle you still hear it. Nothing wrong with the brakes
So only when moving (aka when not stationary), and pretty much always on or off the throttle. Why would you think it's engine related and not brake related?

If it was engine related it would do it constantly, not just while in motion, right?
If you only hear it while in motion, then it stands to reason it's something wheel well related like brakes or brake sensors, not engine.

Does it do it when you hit the brakes, not hit the brakes, only from a stop as you start to move, always when moving, etc?
__________________
2009 E90 335i M Sport Sedan / 137k Miles / Alpine White Exterior & Red-Brown Interior / BMS DCI / Mishimoto FMIC / MHD Stage 2+FMIC 91 CA-Octane Tune.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST