E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Prototype E93 Needed To Fit ER FMIC (2008 AT preferred)

04-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Smoke4U
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i '08 E93 Convertible

Prototype E93 Needed To Fit ER FMIC (2008 AT preferred)

****EDIT: I spoke out of turn so I apologize. ER explained that they generally offer a free installation for prototype cars, not a free FMIC. I did not mean to get anyone's hopes up or put ER on the spot. If you are interested in helping out please call Christine at ER to talk with her about any incentives to being the prototype car. I am editing out any references to a free FMIC in this thread so it is clear that is not the offer. But please call Christine at ER to get the exact incentive they are willing to offer. She feels that fitment can happen the same day so no need to leave the car. Please speak with Christine to schedule an appointment to be fitted. ****

Hello,

I have run into a fitment problem with the Evolution Racewerks FMIC that only affects E93 owners (2008 for sure, 2007 pretty sure). ER isn't positive yet of the cause but I am. They have graciously offered to take the time to look at a similar E93 model to see what the problem actually is and design a new pipe for it.

ER has offered a [EDITED: please speak with Christine at ER to determine your incentive for being a prototype car] to any E93 owner who can loan their car to them for a few days to design the new inter cooler pipe. They are in SoCal.

See my thread at http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13751104 for the particulars.

HURRY as this is a VERY limited offer since I am designing my own fix. Once my measurements add up I'm going to relay them to ER to fabricate a new pipe and this offer will be dead. Please contact ER (Christine) to get your car in their shop FAST!

BTW it must be an AT car due to the AT cooler that is also in the way. I also have the m-sport suspension package which may also be another reason why the fitment is off, so a sport package AT E93 is preferred (2008 preferred, 2007 acceptable).

Last edited by Smoke4U; 04-10-2013 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Clarified incentive details from ER
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
TheStig
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alot of everything.

great deal for someone.
-08 M3 DCT W/ Full Exhaust / Tune
-13 B8 Audi S4 APR Stage 2+
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Smoke4U
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i '08 E93 Convertible

Thanks for looking and if responding please check your engine bay for this stiffening bar and have an automatic transmission:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0