E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need to rent/borrow someone's stock E92 335i exhaust. . .

05-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Need to rent/borrow someone's stock E92 335i exhaust. . .

Almost a year ago, I had a really good friend of mine who owns a 335i and was rear ended and went through a lot of hell with the insurance adjuster, money, and what not. So, to help him out, I gave him my stock exhaust system. . . . so I never got a chance to sell it to someone here, nor the chance to store it for a later time.

Well, now I'm temporarily in need of someone's E92 stock exhaust system for about 2-3 days at most. If you have one laying around, please let me know and give me a reasonable price for borrowing it from you. Thanks guys

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is it for the warranty reinstatement?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by continentalg5 View Post
Is it for the warranty reinstatement?
Part of it, yes. I've had the ticking waste gate issue (not realizing it was an issue until just this past month when others confirmed this sound) for a little while now and need to get it repaired. I know that dealers have been blaming cat back exhaust systems for the "change in back pressure causing the failure of the actuator/ waste gates," for some time now. So I dont even want to risk that silly shit by going in with my a/m exhaust.

Also, I need to get everything fixed, including having a field rep approve the car for an oil cooler retro fit since I never received mine from factory. Then, after everything is fixed and the oil cooler is installed. . . . it's Dinan stg II for me. The dinan warranty guy I spoke with over the phone said to make sure everything is reinstated and fixed before doing the flash because "after that, we own the car. . .Dinan owns the car." So thats my situation, unless someone can prove that they wont blame my cat back exhaust for the ticking. . .

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

this needs to be moved to the cali section actually. . .

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Part of it, yes. I've had the ticking waste gate issue (not realizing it was an issue until just this past month when others confirmed this sound) for a little while now and need to get it repaired. I know that dealers have been blaming cat back exhaust systems for the "change in back pressure causing the failure of the actuator/ waste gates," for some time now. So I dont even want to risk that silly shit by going in with my a/m exhaust.

Also, I need to get everything fixed, including having a field rep approve the car for an oil cooler retro fit since I never received mine from factory. Then, after everything is fixed and the oil cooler is installed. . . . it's Dinan stg II for me. The dinan warranty guy I spoke with over the phone said to make sure everything is reinstated and fixed before doing the flash because "after that, we own the car. . .Dinan owns the car." So thats my situation, unless someone can prove that they wont blame my cat back exhaust for the ticking. . .
How did you not get an oil cooler in an e92?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbog View Post
How did you not get an oil cooler in an e92?
Because his car is an early built. All 335i's prior to March 07 built had to be a manual with sports package to get an oil cooler. Autos with oil cooler didn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
OverSpun
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR E92 335i 6mt

Neema, you can borrow mine. Shoot me a PM.
      05-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSpun View Post
Neema, you can borrow mine. Shoot me a PM.
can you measure how long from front to back the stock exhaust is? I'm trying to figure out if I can fit it on a ledge I have in my garage. I've heard its about 10 ft, but if you have the exact measurements, that would be great.

thanks
Appreciate 0