E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran

Closed Thread

11-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #199
InS0mNiAc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335I Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post

Thats just people backing a person who they have dealt with before, no one jumping on nuts. Sarcasm is not needed to make your point or opinion...
No...it's not and it's painfully obvious what it really is.
      11-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #200
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JB View Post
longtran is overrated. he makes money without paying vendor fees as his "business" is via word of mouth or people praising him on the forums. might be giving locals good deals who in return give him free advertisement. nothing wrong with that. if i were in the same position, id profit(i.e. take advantage of) from u guys too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
i love people who come on here and act like they know everything about long and what he does and the kinda of person he is ...
exactly! couldn't have said it better.

to those people who don't have a clue of what long's done in the past, present, and future for the support and continuous growth of this forum.
      11-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #201
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
hey, can you refund me the $40 i spent shipping your piece to that person in las vegas?
I'm not opposed to helping you with what that cost you Long, but please DON'T FORGET... NOWHERE did I ever ask you to spend $33 on overnight shipping, that was by your choice and I'm pretty sure I said even after you told me you were going to that it wasn't necessary since SF and Vegas are probably a next day ground situation from FedEx. However, don't expect me to do anything for you if you're not willing to fix this situation on your end and send out a new piece or offer a refund on it.

I don't understand why you would post up in this thread yet can't reply to the PM I sent you (and cc'd Drew)?
I thought you were upset that this was so public?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #202
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
i wonder if longtran will delete this
if he does thats gonna be a big problem because I haven't broken any rules in posting this thread. He (and Drew) need to fix the situation or deal with this thread being up, which I'm sure he's smart enough to realize.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #203
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
exactly! couldn't have said it better.

to those people who don't have a clue of what long's done in the past, present, and future for the support and continuous growth of this forum.
I agree with you too... this thread is specific to a situation... not longtrans existence on e90post or who gets a better discount than someone else.

not to sound selfish but lets stay on the subject, this isn't a free-for-all bash longtran thread and never was intended to be. Its my story of what happened and me asking for advise on what to do along with a chance for Long and Drew to publicly fix the situation and hopefully show everyone what a good guy he is talked about being 1st hand.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #204
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
i'm not surprised this thread is still goin on since its udub. i remember ur last threads.
don't like it... don't read/post in it. simple as that
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #205
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Quote:
longtran is overrated. he makes money without paying vendor fees as his "business" is via word of mouth or people praising him on the forums. might be giving locals good deals who in return give him free advertisement. nothing wrong with that. if i were in the same position, id profit(i.e. take advantage of) from u guys too!
Quote:
read. his market is from you guys just telling others to buy from him instead. he worked around the system bc people just have to pm or email him. he doesnt have to promote himself. most likely he invests a little by giving locals or friends discounts and in return, they(u) promote him. pyramid scheme. he is still actively selling parts on the forums right? rixster could have done the same thing and made much more money but he did it the proper way by becoming an actual vendor. just search longtran and youll find hundreds if not thousands of posts referring him. i even remember a thread about how longtran sold u ur vorsteiner hood even though u already preodered it from another vendor. u ended up cancelling that order and buying from longtran. hes a moderator so i dont think people challenge him or get in his way. like i said. id do the same thing to. cali is a breeding ground for making money involving auto parts
OKAY FIRST OFF I KNOW BOTH PARTIES SO I WILL NOT GET INVOLVED IN THEIR SITUATION!!

Just wanna comment about your post (335JB) and say a few thing about Long ...

People are praising him because he willing to help not only with cars but with promoting this site. I bet you can all remember who started the E90POST.com stickers right! I bet you can all remember who made the T-shirts too! He made all those things with his own time and money. I don’t see anyone else promoting this forum, yet we all log on right!

“Longtran is overrated” WTF!! I know we all like to work on our own cars, but how willing are we when it comes down to working on other peoples cars? Long helps people with their cars who cannot do it on their own! He does not do this as a full time job, he does have a day job guys!! He does this to help all the men who like to work on cars! It just so happens that he lives in Socal so all the guys in the area go to him for help! He would be more than willing to help anyone anywhere! I bet if he lived in Florida or Hawaii then the both us would go to him too!

We should all keep in mind that Long did not ask for all these people/members to go to him, but yet they did so he offered a hand! REMEMBER we went to him he did not come to us offering assistance! He is one man with thousands of request he’s bound to make a few mistakes! If you don’t know him on a personal level please don’t judge him for he has not said shit about you or anyone that posted on this thread!

Again I know both parties and my comment has nothing to do with their situation. I just thought that we should all remember what Long did for this big ass community before writing our thoughts!

This thread is about two guys having a (public) situation! It’s not about who cracked what, who owes who or who is at fault! Just leave your ADVISE for both parties and let it be!!

Last edited by 808E90; 11-15-2008 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #206
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #207
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

I didn't read the whole thread but, how much did Evo119 sell you this trim for? I am hoping it was more than $100+ ... because pay $40 shipping in itself is already half of what it would cost for a new trim.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #208
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:

ookay...watever....
      11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #209
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
Hey mote my bad... I quoted the wrong guy lol
Hahaha No worries!! I thought it was a bit strange getting slammed for that! hahah
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #210
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Everyone had their share of expression/opinion (already 10 pages of comments)
Now lets leave this alone and let the 2 parties handle it.

I'm unsubscribing right......NOW (hope everyone else do the same)

Peace & GL
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #211
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Cliff Notes:

Some dude bought used, knock-off parts off some dude on a forum expecting oem fitment for used, knock-off parts prices. Now he wants to hold the dude who sold the parts to the dude he bought it from responsible for dealing with his "issues". Problem is dude who sold it to dude who in turn sold it to OP only reps the parts and is not a vendor, per se. Still dude offers to help, but OP dude sends back damaged goods which original dude can't take back to the vendor, so OP decides to bad mouth original dude who happens to have a pretty good rep on here.

Motto: If you want OEM fitment buy oem
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #212
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna3 View Post
Cliff Notes:

Some dude bought used, knock-off parts off some dude on a forum expecting oem fitment for used, knock-off parts prices. Now he wants to hold the dude who sold the parts to the dude he bought it from responsible for dealing with his "issues". Problem is dude who sold it to dude who in turn sold it to OP only reps the parts and is not a vendor, per se. Still dude offers to help, but OP dude sends back damaged goods which original dude can't take back to the vendor, so OP decides to bad mouth original dude who happens to have a pretty good rep on here.

Damn you are bad at cliffnotes. The part was advertised as new never installed being sold as a favor to long. Fitment was guaranteed. The part was never fitted to the sellers car so it was brand new. ska325xi is right everybody needs to stay out of it and let them handle it on their own , cause nobody knows what going on and going off of pure hearsay. Only 3 people really know whats going on and thats who needs to take care of this.
      11-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #213
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
I didn't read the whole thread but, how much did Evo119 sell you this trim for? I am hoping it was more than $100+ ... because pay $40 shipping in itself is already half of what it would cost for a new trim.
Quote:
Cliff Notes:

knock off or whatever you want to call what Long sells (i think knock off is kinda harsh... more like 3rd party) I paid $500 for the set, I was only asking for $100 as it would be the appx value of the part that didn't fit and is now currently all cracked.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #214
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Cliff Notes:

I hope the real Cliff Notes will never hire you. Your skills of summarizing = F.......
      11-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #215
nardoM4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Nardo M4 ZCP

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
I voucher for Long and not because of any local "hookups" he gave me, but instead for the quality of his work and products. Bought a oem painted aero lip from him 3 days ago and I could not of been any more satisfied. I could of easily gotten the lip cheaper elsewhere but opt for Long Tran due to all the positive remarks he has received.

IG: nardo.f82
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #216
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Sorry for your bad experience.

You have made your point. If someone is going to deal with Long, do not assume it will go 100% perfect. It all depends on what you buy, how much you pay, and who installs what.

Local guys have it easier, because he can personally troubleshoot any issues.

But with the hundreds of people that he has helped, there have been a few here and there that were let down somehow (for whatever reason, regardless of who was at fault.)

So buyer beware...he has 95%-99% satisfaction rate (depending on whether you are local or not). If things do not work out for you, then unfortunately like any other private seller, or with any other aftermarket part in the marketplace on this site....you just take your losses and move on.

Can we close this thing already. Jeez.
      11-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #217
NaTuReB0Y