E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How long does it take you to wash your BMW?

01-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #133
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
what products u use on your car exec??
      01-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #134
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD
what products u use on your car exec??
Too many to name.... I've got a cleaning bank of over $1,000 worth of products in my gargage. About $400 of which was spent on some of the best microfiber cloths money can buy.

Mainly though I use Zaino and my most used product is Z6. Sprayaway glass cleaner is great as well. Only thing I use on my windows. TireWet is fantastic for my tires---use Griot's Tire Cleaner to prep them. And P21S paste is hands down the best for cleaning the exhaust tips and any hard spots to clean on the wheels. I use a microfiber cloth damped with Z6 to clean my wheels and another microfiber cloth in my other hand to dry the wheel I'm working on right after. For shampoo I either use Z7 or P21S Spray Wash with a sheepskin mit and I have a water filter that I use to eliminate water spots. 215MPH leaf blower is used to sheet the water off. Then a giant 4 foot long microfiber cloth to dry the rest. I could go on and on....
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #135
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Too many to name.... I've got a cleaning bank of over $1,000 worth of products in my gargage. About $400 of which was spent on some of the best microfiber cloths money can buy.

Mainly though I use Zaino and my most used product is Z6. Sprayaway glass cleaner is great as well. Only thing I use on my windows. TireWet is fantastic for my tires---use Griot's Tire Cleaner to prep them. And P21S paste is hands down the best for cleaning the exhaust tips and any hard spots to clean on the wheels. I use a microfiber cloth damped with Z6 to clean my wheels and another microfiber cloth in my other hand to dry the wheel I'm working on right after. For shampoo I either use Z7 or P21S Spray Wash with a sheepskin mit and I have a water filter that I use to eliminate water spots.
very nice!! someone else thats not afraid to spend money on detailing equipment!!
ya i got a couple G's worth of shit in my garage as well!! u buy some pakshak towels?? or cobra towels?/
Ive found lately a good supply of a couple different COLORS of towels really helps along with a solid routine..
u use the 2bucket method with grit guards?? If not u really should
      01-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #136
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
ADHD... the instructions on the bottle of the BMW express wax say spray on wash off, then buff dry with a chamois...I only really use the BMW stuff because then if it fucks my paint, I can blame BMW and get the hookup.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #137
JoJoGunn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ****

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
First, wheels/tires, about 5 hours each. Take off each corner, clean every surface of it, wax it, clean out the treads with a toothbrush, wash it again, and two more coats of wax.

Next, I’ll spend 10 hours cleaning the Roundels. Extremely important that they are perfectly clean.

Windows, about an hour for each one, inside and out. Three hours for the windshield. Four hours for back window (it’s tough to get in there).

Roof, about 10 hours. Clean, dry, clean, dry, wax.

Doors, hood, trunk. About 50 hours total. Clean, dry, clean, dry, wax.

Lowers, skirts, bumbers. PITA. Dead bugs, dirt, road debris. Takes about 300 hours to do.

Interior. Vaccum. 2 hours

Interior. Seats and leather surfaces. 20 hours

Interior. Switches, buttons, cracks, every single part. 30 hours.

Interior. Roundel on steering wheel. 2 hours.

Then I do all the mirrors, this takes a few more hours.

Under the hood. 500 hours. Take out engine, take apart engine, clean everything.

Underbody. 200 hours.

I actually can't explain any more detail because I have to get back to cleaning my valve stem caps (I only have three hours more to work and two more to get done).

This is the typical cleaning, sometime I’ll do a more detailed job though and it will take longer..

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #138
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

2 Hours wash and dry exterior, cigar required.

1 Hour interior.

As often as my kids allow.

Usually staggered weekends, which means my interior and exterior are never pristine at the same time.
Appreciate 0