E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Houston - Dealership Walnut Blasting



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
surf2727
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Houston - Dealership Walnut Blasting

Anyone in Houston had any experience with the dealership performing walnut blasting? How did everything lead up to them performing the work? I think some dealers around here don't carry the equipment, but others do. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
thyshallsmite
Private First Class
5
Rep
193
Posts

Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Alex did mine, was 400$ and mine had HUGE amounts of build up

Alex Noll
Advanced B M W Repair
Http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
Http://Abrhouston.com
832-797-9114
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
feconi
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston

iTrader: (5)

Another vote for Alex here, he did mine and it made a huge difference in idle quality and overall smoothness thru the rev range. Dealer quoted me $1k despite being CPO, he did it for $400. No brainer.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Asheville, NC

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like a good option for me soon. A guy in the Dallas area is/was doing it for $250 with excellent reviews.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
E90Graphite07
Lieutenant
E90Graphite07's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
549
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjellyneck View Post
Sounds like a good option for me soon. A guy in the Dallas area is/was doing it for $250 with excellent reviews.
I think you're referring to Sammy out in DFW area. We have a fellow in Houston who's done great work with walnut blasting for the local HOU FB group (around $350; did recently posted about a promo for $250). Give him a ping:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.preuss.50

He also does great work on brake jobs (pads/rotors/sensors), oil filter housing gasket, etc.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i & 2006 Jeep Commander Limited HEMI
Join us on Facebook:
E90Post - Houston
Houston BMW DIY Services
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
E90Graphite07
Lieutenant
E90Graphite07's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
549
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2727 View Post
Anyone in Houston had any experience with the dealership performing walnut blasting? How did everything lead up to them performing the work? I think some dealers around here don't carry the equipment, but others do. Thanks!
See my recent posting here.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i & 2006 Jeep Commander Limited HEMI
Join us on Facebook:
E90Post - Houston
Houston BMW DIY Services
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Asheville, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Graphite07 View Post
I think you're referring to Sammy out in DFW area. We have a fellow in Houston who's done great work with walnut blasting for the local HOU FB group (around $350; did recently posted about a promo for $250). Give him a ping:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.preuss.50

He also does great work on brake jobs (pads/rotors/sensors), oil filter housing gasket, etc.
Excellent...thank you!

Yes, I think Sammy is the guy I was thinking of.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
surf2727
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone had the dealership do it in Houston though? I've heard that not every dealer has the tool and they just run the "fuel injection/decarb service" instead which I think is just a flush and not thorough on the actual carbon buildup.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 02:05 AM   #9
cgeorge
Lieutenant
4
Rep
473
Posts

Drives: 09 e92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

iTrader: (5)

i went to alex of ABR. the only dealer that id go to in houston is the woodlands dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
BMWho
Enlisted Member
BMWho's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Missouri City, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Momentum BMW West wanted to charge me $1400 to do the walnut blasting. I quickly declined.
__________________
2007 335i - Stock
2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Sold

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
yamazaho's Avatar
Taiwan
112
Rep
7,060
Posts

Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via Skype™ to yamazaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWho View Post
Momentum BMW West wanted to charge me $1400 to do the walnut blasting. I quickly declined.
LOL yeah tell them they can go suck a d**k and GTFO, for Houston locals def. check out Robert, https://www.facebook.com/robert.preuss.50!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #12
BMWho
Enlisted Member
BMWho's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Missouri City, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
LOL yeah tell them they can go suck a d**k and GTFO, for Houston locals def. check out Robert, https://www.facebook.com/robert.preuss.50!!!
Thanks!
__________________
2007 335i - Stock
2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Sold

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
waqas
Private
waqas's Avatar
3
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

is robert on the forums?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST