E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > p1030 ?????

07-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
xwarzywkox
Registered
Rep
Drives: g35,328i xdrive

p1030 ?????

I'm getting a code p1030 when the car is idling with AC on ... only when the ac is on ... the engine shakes like it misfires for a sec and than runs normal.. but i get the check engine light
The car is a 2009 328i with xdrive has about 6k miles on it and i just did the oil change myself .. i used mobile1 synthetic 5w20

Does any one know what it is?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
deathsightx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I'm new to this site but I thought that the engine took 5W-30 syn. I dont know if this would have anything to do with your rough running but with the way the engine controls your idle different oil may mess with it? Its a long shot but if you end up taking it to the dealer I wouldn't mention that you used 5W-20 cause it just gives them a reason to not take the complaint seriously. Also check to make sure your oil filter is tight and that you properly replaced both o-rings.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
xwarzywkox
Registered
Rep
Drives: g35,328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsightx View Post
I'm new to this site but I thought that the engine took 5W-30 syn. I dont know if this would have anything to do with your rough running but with the way the engine controls your idle different oil may mess with it? Its a long shot but if you end up taking it to the dealer I wouldn't mention that you used 5W-20 cause it just gives them a reason to not take the complaint seriously. Also check to make sure your oil filter is tight and that you properly replaced both o-rings.
thanx .. but the problem is that it only happens when the ac is on ... when its not on its fine
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
deathsightx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Putting a load on the engine, i/e A/C, would make a air leak or problem with idle control more prevelant than without any load and is probably why you only get it then. What happens is that your car can compensate for whatever is wrong without a load, up to a certain degree, and then once the load is put on the car it sets the code because it runs out of the parameters that its supposed to run in. Whatever is wrong is between these 2 thresholds and isnt showing itself without a load. Without knowing what the code actually is it's relativly difficult to determine what the causes could be and at this point is pure speculation.
Appreciate 0