E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > People who treat your car like s***

10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #67
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

This is kind of tacky but still pretty funny. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Funny...440582&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #68
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
"42. You spell the word "most" with all capitals: MOST.
"
Media Oriented Systems Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe90sg View Post
i have a list of rules printed, and laminated. always in the back seat pocket. however all my friends before they enter i tell them, "okay what are the rules" and they literally list them, "no complaining bout MY music , if I'm not happy then i will leave; no eating, no putting ur feet other than on the floor matts etc etc" and when i have a new person in the car, i tell one of my friends to tell them the rules" I'm only 18 but after spending literally 2 weeks on a 100 detail. i must. it kills me watching people sit on my beige seats and them sliding in and out OMG
lol seriously? You have your friends trained well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taaaaaam View Post
In my e92, I hate/dislike a few things:
-slamming of my doors or trunk or glove
-back passengers exiting by putting their weight on the window as they do
-I fear my front passenger's knees going up too high and snapping the extended cup holder
-people not using the handle on top of the seat to move it forward for rear passenger entry
+1 to all of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_e92 View Post
Easy solution if you don't want to confront somebody for closing the door by pushing on the windows? Roll down the windows whenever somebody needs to get off :P
I think you mean "out"?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #69
alexneil
I'm ridin' round I'm gettin' it
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
I'd rather my car get a little trashed than have people die that night, but I told them straight up the next day that I will never DD for them again.
I am alpha male

Pledging sucks bra
What house?
      10-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #70
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexneil View Post
What house?
By house you mean fraternity? Theta Xi
I just withdrew from the fraternity because I'm transferring schools soon
      10-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #71
kitkat1723
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i - sold

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvTwist View Post
Every time someone gets in & slams the car door I make them to get out and do it again... This time DON'T slam my DOOR. They always think I'm joking but eventually they get out and get back in. done this to 6 different people and it works, they don't slam my doors anymore.
They can walk if they don't have respect or appreciate the ride.
hahah yes! i have almost made my friends cry by yelling at them that they dont need to slam the door! but then again i always grew up with my parents yelling at me to not slam the door lol habit grown from young age
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #72
///Mposter
Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Bought my e92 and drove it home and parked it. Got bored and the wife and I went to drive it around the block. She asked to drive it even though she didnt have much or any experience with manual cars. We go around the block a couple of times slowly and I was ready to go home . She asked to go around one more time and she was going faster than normal. Like a good husband I said " I think there is a stop sign coming up" to get her to slow down ( even though there wasn't ). Nope, she didn't . So she proceeded through the intersection at too fast a speed and I hear scraping as best described as the worse sound in the world. It sounded like the screeching and scraping that would be going on if you had Kathy griffin and Lisa Lamponelli in a small confined space. My ears hurt and my stomach dropped. But then I said to myself, well at least I wasn't the first to ruin it. I'm the end , my front bumper was scraped severely , and it's been 5 years or so and she has not driven it. And this year was the first year I got a door ding and it didn't bother me since now it's old .
      10-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #73
Roy
Rep
Drives: 1988 BMW E28

You can't get away from these people. No matter how hard you try, if you DD your car and you're the unlucky one that has to be the designated driver for someone, your car will get munched on. Occasionally you'll run into someone that has some sense of respect, but those people are rare. I just stopped caring because I realized that pretty much anything they could do to my car, I had the products to fix it up. Milk spills, coke spills, ice cream, make-up (not fun), pen ink (fun), COFFEE...(fun), you name it, so long as you clean these up with the right products in a timely manner, you'll be good, so I stopped worrying and lightened up on friends.

The bigger problem is valets, and dealership woes. Because they are where the dings come in, the deep scratches that don't buff out, the random unlucky accidents (hitting parked cars trying to park yours). Valets are a tough one to avoid, these guys make $7.00/hr, they have no incentive to care about our OCD, and their companies have the insurance to deal with claims, so they don't care about anything. That goes for dealership service porters who make no money, have no responsibilities and ding an average of 1 car door every few days because the dealership needs all the space they can get and they park cars too close together, and they are rushed. That's hard to avoid if you're under warranty, I would tell the head porter that you want him to deal with your car and you tip him some extra cash and make sure he parks your car in a good spot. You can do that with valets as well, just tell him to park it in a good spot, take care of how they drive and tip well. If if comes back without anything, make sure you have the same kid take it back if you end up going to that spot again. Oh, and avoid all complimentary car washes at all costs. Easiest way to destroy your car is through a complimentary wash. Low income unskilled workers aren't happy workers, when a nice car comes in they either want to have fun with it, or they don't make enough money to care about how nice it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #74
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

i talk about modding my car all the time and my intentions of detailing it and so on... so it's implied that i take good care of my car and if you're a passenger you should respect that and my property.
Most people get the hint in the first 5 seconds of sitting in the car though because i tend to keep the interior practically spotless and smell amazing... i usually get the "i'm afraid to touch anything" ... i want to say sometimes "then don't" lol but i'm not an asshole.
Appreciate 0