E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Clippers Owner Donald Sterling's Racist Rant

Closed Thread

04-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #155
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
I don't remember of any black owner/president of a major multi-million dollar business that is in the media constantly doing/saying racist crap in the past years.
Jesse Jackson - "‘Hymies.’ ‘Hymietown.’"; (about Barack Obama) "acting like he's white"

Al Sharpton - “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

Louis Farrakhan - “Now that nation called Israel, never has had any peace in forty years and she will never have any peace because there can never be any peace structured on injustice, thievery, lying and deceit and using the name of God to shield your dirty religion under his holy and righteous name.”

Mary Frances Berry (Carter's Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights)
- "Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.”

Jocelyn Elders (Clinton's Surgeon General) - “The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won’t pay for much family planning.” — Jocelyn Elders

Barack Obama - “The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person…”

Barack Obama - “That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.”

Jamie Foxx - “I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that?”
      04-30-2014, 03:01 AM   #156
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Pretty much sums it up for me. You can debate about inequality all day about who's making racial slurs but unless your race has experienced slavery, suppression, racism or true inequality then you really have no right to say anything. Things were never "fair" and once this so called "fairness" tips the other way, you feel entitled to "equality" because you don't know anything that's remotely close to being unfair for your race. Times have changed and I really hope racism can be completely demolished though better parenting, education, and technology to connect easily for different races and cultures.
      04-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #157
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
You are very funny. Because that wealth went one way? Could he have made the money he made with them without them? NO. Can the company you work for make money without employees? NO. So do you go around thinking how your company made you all this money? NO. My point is you probably contributed more to making the company money than it did to making you money. Or maybe not, but you get my point. It goes both ways, so please stop sounding like you want them to rally around him and sing praises to him.
I never said they should rally around him. My logic is that people are treating his words extremely harshly while his actions are so contradictory to his words. If he hates black people so much, why didn't he make an entirely white team? The reason that any organization hires an employee is to help them make money. We're chasing our tails here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
He could have made the money by other means obviously, and they could also have played and many money from someone else. So please be honest and fair-minded, because I think you are judging the victim rather harshly and ignoring who has the real power in that whole equation. And that neither the gold digger girl ( I assume she is, but fact is we don't know, maybe its her own way of revenge for something we don't know ). The guy is the jerk he is because he is the one with the real power. I bet you his own family get their own brand of treatment and hint hint, he probably isn't lovely old dad.
He did make money by other means. He was a lawyer for many years and invested heavily in real estate. He's worth nearly $2B.

I'm not judging one side more harshly than the other and I think I'm being more fair than most in this thread. I'm putting emotion aside and stating the facts as I see them.

If he was such a known racist for so many years (which he clearly was), why did so many black players help make him more wealthy? If his behavior was so hurtful and so public (he paid the largest discrimination fine in history), then why did so many choose to ignore it? It seems that most turned a blind eye to make money. Would you let someone who doesn't like you pay you $18M a year? It seems that's what happened here and I can't say I would have said no either. I can buy a whole lot with $18M.

In the end it is the opinion of one man... and you know what they say about opinions.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #158
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
No. 2050 (or maybe as soon as 2043) is when non-hispanic Whites will no longer be a majority because they will be less than 50% of the total. They'll still be the largest single group, a plurality. Nobody will be a majority, maybe ever again.

Non-hispanic Whites will simply be less than the total of all the others, African-American, Latino, Asian, Native Americans, others. The latter groups are no more united in their politics than non-hispanic Whites.

America will still be America. A political party aimed at appealing to old White guys may have some difficulties, though. <smile>
assuming USA maintains its current immigration policies, its a matter of time before the Indians & Nigerians take over. The UN has forecast that India will be the most populous country on earth.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-22907307

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #159
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post

Pretty much sums it up for me. You can debate about inequality all day about who's making racial slurs but unless your race has experienced slavery, suppression, racism or true inequality then you really have no right to say anything. Things were never "fair" and once this so called "fairness" tips the other way, you feel entitled to "equality" because you don't know anything that's remotely close to being unfair for your race. Times have changed and I really hope racism can be completely demolished though better parenting, education, and technology to connect easily for different races and cultures.
+1. He did get one thing wrong.

Racism is going away. That Sterling could be whacked so hard, with near universal approval among people who have a dog in this fight, speaks volumes. His head coach wouldn't take his call. <grin>

I'm guessing that Silver is correct when he says 3/4 of the owners will vote to terminate his franchise. Or threaten him with it, they don't need to actually do it; see Nixon, impeachment of. Silver wouldn't have said it unless he knew he could deliver. One owner has said the vote will be unanimous, 29-0.

So, by the time whites could actually be subject to the kind of racism that matters, which is many years off, they won't be.

Last edited by 128Convertibleguy; 04-30-2014 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #160
XM_Rocks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI, sold my E90 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Jesse Jackson - "‘Hymies.’ ‘Hymietown.’"; (about Barack Obama) "acting like he's white"

Al Sharpton - “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

Louis Farrakhan - “Now that nation called Israel, never has had any peace in forty years and she will never have any peace because there can never be any peace structured on injustice, thievery, lying and deceit and using the name of God to shield your dirty religion under his holy and righteous name.”

Mary Frances Berry (Carter's Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights)
- "Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.”

Jocelyn Elders (Clinton's Surgeon General) - “The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won’t pay for much family planning.” — Jocelyn Elders

Barack Obama - “The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person…”

Barack Obama - “That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.”

Jamie Foxx - “I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that?”
lol @ this list.

Did you copy/paste this off of some website with an agenda?

Never did I think I would see a list with Farrakhan, Jamie Foxx and Obama on it.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #161
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
assuming USA maintains its current immigration policies, its a matter of time before the Indians & Nigerians take over. The UN has forecast that India will be the most populous country on earth.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-22907307

Nigeria? I better help that Nigerian prince with getting his 4387Mil fortune now, while I still have the chance!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #162
XM_Rocks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI, sold my E90 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
Take over what?

China and India are far more populated than the United States today.

So far I haven't seen a population "takeover" by those groups.

I am more concerned with enemies inside our country... especially the way our political system is influenced by other interests.

Who would have thought Clinton signing the order to allow China to join the World Trade Organization would have had such a profound affect on us.

Both parties applauded it and happily signed it. They said it would help China and their citizens and show them the way of compassionate democracy... Thus changing them.

~$350b last year to China in trade deficit... That's $1,100 per citizen last year alone. The worker and environmental abuses still continue.

With both political parties/i.e. special interests in charge mass immigration shouldn't be an issue.... our growing trade deficits and the degradation of jobs, disposable income/wages and wealth by the bottom 99% should take care of it.

Our economy is based on the middle class having disposable income to buy stupid crap they don't need from companies that manufacture those products here thus the supplying the wages/fuel for the engine.

Last edited by XM_Rocks; 04-30-2014 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #163
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

wow, this thread went from a racist sport team owner to world population and which race will rule the earth....

Back on Topic. First I am not defending Don, and do not get him or what his personally issue are. But let keep in mind these recorded statements were never made in public, I am not sure what is his public record is on the subject in question or whether he made similar statement will at a sporting function.

Let look at what happen, you go a guy who obviously has a gold digging GF, if he was such a racists why else would the GF even be with him considering her background. Obviously this was not the first time he probable berate her this way why else record it and them turn it over to TMZ. If she did not want to be with a racist why not just leave. She is a gold digger what other explanation can anyone come up with why she would stay with this guy, I wonder how much she made from TMZ for the tape since she had to know he was going to dump her and cut her off, and do you think anyone is going to want to be with her now after being with that guy and then calling him out in public. Rich guy do not go for that, they want their quirks kept a secret.

Now the NBA is joke they are no better than him, if this guy was this kind of idiot it did not happen in old age people had to know. They are only jumping on the band wagon since they know what is coming next if they did not come out like they did.

Honestly, since the comment were made in private and not on the public stage, why does the NBA have any say so on what you do in your private life and in their bed room. Not only do we have the government trying to say what you can and cannot do and say in the privacy of your home we have some stupid Sport Team Organization attempting to sensor what people think in private.

If I was Don I tell the NBA to go pound salt since he was recorded illegally in a private conversation and it was most likely sold to the media, and they have no authority over his private life. Yeah he probably has a contract with the NBA about his public behavior and such, but I doubt is have private moral clause.

Face we all know why he said it to the GF, it was to abuse, belittle and control her, he a scum bag no less, but it is an issue between him and her. It is kind of like Clinton and Monica, not sure why congress care what he was doing with his cigars since obviously Hillary could careless since she still married to him. It is a private issue but everyone want to be in the middle of people personal issues.

Last edited by Maestro; 04-30-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #164
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

lol... going to be a bidding war between Magic Johnson and Oprah Winfrey.... very funny stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #165
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:

+2.5M

/thread
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #166
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
No. 2050 (or maybe as soon as 2043) is when non-hispanic Whites will no longer be a majority because they will be less than 50% of the total. They'll still be the largest single group, a plurality. Nobody will be a majority, maybe ever again.

Non-hispanic Whites will simply be less than the total of all the others, African-American, Latino, Asian, Native Americans, others. The latter groups are no more united in their politics than non-hispanic Whites.

America will still be America. A political party aimed at appealing to old White guys may have some difficulties, though. <smile>
Can you name certain policies that are pushed to appeal to only "old white guys"?

Or did you just hear that on the Bill Maher show and just parroting it here trying to be clever?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #167
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Every race has been enslaved. See the problem with debating people like you is that you only have 1/2 of the facts and still try to seem enlightened and post a clip of a comedian to back up your claims LOLOLOLOLOL
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #168
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Every race has been enslaved. See the problem with debating people like you is that you only have 1/2 of the facts and still try to seem enlightened and post a clip of a comedian to back up your claims LOLOLOLOLOL
In his defense, please enlighten us about the 400 years of slavery and the near 100 years of Jim Crow laws that either you or your ancestors endured? If you pull up the Holocaust you're veering off into irrelevant land.

I'll wait....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #169
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
In his defense, please enlighten us about the 400 years of slavery and the near 100 years of Jim Crow laws that either you or your ancestors endured? If you pull up the Holocaust you're veering off into irrelevant land.

I'll wait....

You are clearly uneducated.

Go read up on the Irish slave trade and also the Barbary pirates.

There is also white slavery going on today in many countries. White women from poor Eastern Euro countries are trafficked into Western Europe and the Middle East.

You live in a PC-CNN-MSNBC bubble. Learning requires you to do your own research not regurgitate talking points fed to you by Rachel Maddow.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #170
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Last edited by Ashley Schaeffer BMW; 04-30-2014 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Dont argue with fools
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #171
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are clearly uneducated.

Go read up on the Irish slave trade and also the Barbary pirates.

There is also white slavery going on today in many countries. White women from poor Eastern Euro countries are trafficked into Western Europe and the Middle East.

You live in a PC-CNN-MSNBC bubble. Learning requires you to do your own research not regurgitate talking points fed to you by Rachel Maddow.
Really? You're going to refer to events back in the 1600's? I'm talking about slavery that a person walking on this earth today experienced within his/her lifetime.

I could say that my 16x removed great grandmother from 600 A.D. was a slave and went through all kinds of hell, but I'd have no idea what her name was nor any kind of connection to her.

My grandparents/parents actually grew up and witnessed modern day slavery with "No Colored people" allowed signs and....

Ok, I'm not going to really explain myself on the internet. If you can't make the connection, then I'm fine with that.

P.S. I don't have time for TV.

Enjoy your day sir.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #172
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #173
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:

I'll wait....
My ancestors, the Irish, were treated horribly throughout the course of history. Jewish people had also been slaves throughout history (long before the Holocaust, which I'm shocked you disallowing).

BTW, here are two maps that everyone should look at before thinking that slavery or racism exist(ed) only in America:

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 04-30-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #174
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Really? You're going to refer to events back in the 1600's? I'm talking about slavery that a person walking on this earth today experienced within his/her lifetime.

I could say that my 16x removed great grandmother from 600 A.D. was a slave and went through all kinds of hell, but I'd have no idea what her name was nor any kind of connection to her.

My grandparents/parents actually grew up and witnessed modern day slavery with "No Colored people" allowed signs and....

Ok, I'm not going to really explain myself on the internet. If you can't make the connection, then I'm fine with that.

P.S. I don't have time for TV.

Enjoy your day sir.
\

Segregation is not slavery.

You dont even know what the words you are trying to debate with mean.

Your exaggerations might work with some of the white guilt ppl here but not with me.

You are clearly out of your element and lack the intellectual ammunition to have a proper debate on this topic.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #175
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
\

Segregation is not slavery.

You dont even know what the words you are trying to debate with mean.

Your exaggerations might work with some of the white guilt ppl here but not with me.

You are clearly out of your element and lack the intellectual ammunition to have a proper debate on this topic.
So are you so narrow minded that your only understanding of slavery is black people picking cotton for a white man? Is it a black man being sold from one slave trader to another? Is it a black man getting 30 lashes for not following orders?

Modern day slavery specifically among white men towards black men exist right now and is very different from segregation. Maybe your elitist attitude cannot allow your myopic opinion to get perspective on that.

At the end of the day, we're all human and have all experienced either racism, discrimination or just plain old hate. It's these types of debates that will go on forever.

I am one for peace. I prefer to not get into e-battles on race or religion. So go ahead and get your last two cents in and let's get back to trying to make the world a somewhat better place.

Aside from all that, JAM3S, I know I have no idea who you are or what you've been through, but even if you hate or love black people, I love you as a bro regardless.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #176
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:

Aside from all that, JAM3S, I know I have no idea who you are or what you've been through, but even if you hate or love black people, I love you as a bro regardless.

That's the attitude this forum needs more of.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread