E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino or Zymol ???

08-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #23
tima
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i ZSP/TiAg/Blk

I Zymoled for years - across three Bimmers. Its fun to apply by hand, smells great, and gives a really excellent look - especially on darker colored cars. Still got some in the fridge.

When I got my E90 (Titanium silver) I tried Zaino for the first time - car was five days from the dealer when I put on the first two coats. It was easy to do - easier than Zymoling - and looks fantastic. A week later I put on another coat.

Now, after each weekly wash with the Zaino wash/soap, I do the spray thing with the Z6 (?) - which takes maybe 20 minutes - and two-and-a-half months later, the car looks better than when I took delivery. The big difference to me is how long the Zaino lasts.

I could see where Zymol would do real well on a black, dark blue or dark green E90. For the TitSilver, Zaino works very very well. I'm guessing application maybe every four months will be fine with Zaino, whereas Zymol is at least once a month, if not more often.

I do use the Zymol 'Seal' product on the rubber seals around doors, trunk and hood - works great and lasts. A little goes a long way.

get off the phone and drive
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 01:26 PM   #24
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
After reading this board and doing a bit of research on natural waxes vs synthetic sealants. I've decided to go with Klasse synthetic. Cnote - thanks for the post.

On the product, it lists itself as working for up to 9 months, which is great! I don't have the time to Zaino and the step by step process sounds pretty long for Zaino. Carnuba and natural waxes evidently creates the best, robust shine, but needs to be applied every month or so.

Lazy one I am, I decided to go with the longer solution. I don;t mind doing a 15 minute wash and dry on the weekends, but a 2-3 hour project for waxing or polishing is too long.

Also read that you can put a base coat of synthetic polish, and then wax it with a carnuba based wax for best of both worlds. Anyone with experience in this area (i.e. Apply Zaino/Klasse and then put a high quality wax over it?)
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 01:32 PM   #25
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Kalsse and Zaino are poilsh..both work great. Zaino is for people who either aren't married, or have no other life their their cars. Klasse will work well, and gives u about 90% of Zaino for 50% of the work.

Again..both products are great, but if you're neurotic about your car..buy Zaino.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 04:20 PM   #26
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Good websites for those looking for products to detail cars:

http://www.autogeek.net/
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

and of course: