Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > First bankrupt, now bought: BBS sold to Punch International

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
awei130
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, E92, 987

First bankrupt, now bought: BBS sold to Punch International

Not sure if this this is already has been posted but I just came across the news. Here are the links to a few articles.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...1854_14055.hbs

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6211523/...nal/index.html

Quote:
BBS announces insolvency

Update of the autosuppliers BBS automotive technology AG in scold oh (circle Rottweil), one of the prominent manufacturers of light alloy wheels, placed insolvency request. As reason for the inability to pay the enterprise gave on Tuesday (6,2.) the way breaking of a bank on.

A catching solution failed. The technology leader with high-quality light alloy wheels had still briefly before communicated the change at the point of the supervisory board. The former minister of economics of Baden-Wuerttemberg Walter Doering should replace Hans-Peter Hirner (71).

BBS had communicated in August 2006 that the enterprise had to accept a result depression because of aluminum prices snapped the strongly up. The additional tax result sagged in the first half-year on minus 3.8 million euro. For the whole year 2006 BBS had expected a conversion of 200 million euro. The conversion of the yearly 2005 was with 189.8 million euro. BBS employs approximately 1,200 humans in the company.

Serious liquidity difficulties

"although to the time of the filing of an application still promising negotiations were led to the re-establishment of the solvency of the enterprise, were the reason for the filing of an application that the society was come into serious liquidity difficulties and the end of the request period stood, was called after Paragraf 92 of the law on limited companies before the expiration" it in the report of BBS.

A solution for the re-establishment of the solvency appeared last, which should be carried by the big customers of the enterprise. The promise of the big customers to make the necessary liquidity available by larger Vorfaelligkeitszahlungen it was also given. The conversion of the concept failed however at the night to Tuesday because of the resistance of one of the banks involved, although the society granted for the purpose of the continuation of the financing collateral to the financing banks. A catching solution under excluding the bank concerned did not come therefore no more to conditions.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

The date on that article tells me it happened more than 3 years ago!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
bugsandry
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 328xi

Interesting....btw did you use google translate to translate the page?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Hello I am from the future....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Kriston
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Canada
Rep
Drives: Like Donkey Kong on Roids

LOL! Dont think this article is valid.... BBS still around!

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Hello I am from the future....
Appreciate 0