E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Newbie, a thank you to the forum, and props to Longtran!

02-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
calturf24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Newbie, a thank you to the forum, and props to Longtran!

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, I just bought a 335i coupe about a month ago and quickly raided this forum for information in regards to parts and information. It has been a huge help.

It is through the forum where I heard a lot of talk about a guy named Longtran here in the Los Angeles area. I was refered to him for installation of an M-Aero Lip. Anyways, it was a great recommendation by many on the forum here and it has made me another fan of Longtran and his staff. He spent a lot of time answering questions and showing me around his shop full of tuned 335's and M3's. The place is like a Mecca for 3 series owners.

Below is a picture of the OEM Aero Lip Long installed this past weekend, the car was dirty when i took this photo and the lip was new. Also, longtran was quick to point out my bumper had been repainted by a previous owner and offered me a great deal to rematch the paint to the rest of the car and new lip. His paint shop only uses PPG and does a great job. I will be returning to Long's shop in the near future for more work. Probably some mild suspension bolt-ons to eliminate some of the body roll the coupes have and give it a sportier ride height. His prices are unbeatable for the knowledge, experience, quality of parts and install he offers.

I also found many photos of 313 style wheels on 335 coupes here is the forum which helped me confirm my wheel selection, on that note, if any body is interested in a set of 189 style wheels in 7/10 condition I'll take $650 for them without tires, that seems to fit right into the going rate of sets that have sold quickly. I'm in Orange County.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Looking good. Welcome and enjoy your new ride
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Looks great! Welcome to the boards and happy modding. haha.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Congrats on ur new ride! Car looks good already! I have been LTBMW customer for past 3 years and like you said they are amazing group of people who loves what they do
Just one quick question though...Long let you leave with those orange reflectors? Thats wrongtran.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Haha yeah def gotta change those! The car is fresh tho, give the man some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Congrats on ur new ride! Car looks good already! I have been LTBMW customer for past 3 years and like you said they are amazing group of people who loves what they do
Just one quick question though...Long let you leave with those orange reflectors? Thats wrongtran.
      02-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Freakin' Darren. True statement though!

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

nice ride, congratts

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
calturf24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Thanks all! Funny you say this because in talking about repainting my bumper he did recommend eliminating the orange reflector! He went as far as digging into the back of his shop and pulling out a 5 series bumper that he had recently done the same thing to.

When I go back to have Long do more work and repaint my front bumper I will have him eliminate this ugly reflector. I'm not a big fan of eliminating pieces and/or debadging cars but once he pointed it out I agreed that it had to go. It really is an unnecessary piece that stands out.
Appreciate 0