E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Worst BMW buying experience ever......

06-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #45
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

So he won't stay late just to resolve this issue??! And he's mad that you posted this here?

I hope he's reading this since as a PROFESSIONAL, you're expected to stay as long as it takes to get the job done. I'm sure he spends time during the day chatting it up with his colleagues or friends as opposed to working. If he's looking at the clock and leaving at 5, I'd be tempted to contact the owner of BMW Autohaus with his behaviour and have him fired. He's paid mostly on salary and some commission but with a salary, it's expected you put in your extra time to get the work done. If he were on wage, that's different. Even as a consultant if I bill a client by the hour, I'm not going to go right to the second. I've done a lot of "free work" just to please a client. If I were the owner, I'd fire him in a heartbeat.

You should really find a way to contact the owner or the sales manager's boss. Good job though on contacting BMW Canada.

What MOST companies do (regardless of car sales or a restaurant that is late on your food or burns it) is that they give you something free or a discount just to keep you happy. They don't spaz out at you because the worst thing for a business is the tarnishing of their reputation.

The SM could have handled it much better. He knows that his reaction will be posted here so had he called you back and stayed late at the dealership so you can come in and talk it out, then offer you maybe free accessories or something...yeah, that experience will most likely get on here. Instead he just decided to fuel the fire. Again, if I were the owner, I'd fire the SM right away and offer you an apology as well as an "incentive" to keep you happy and to turn the negative experience into a positive one.

And cadbimmer, the rule of underpromising and overdelivering applies to ALL busineses, not just cars. Practically anyone who ever has to deal with clients understand that. I'm surprised that the SM can get to his position without understanding that concept at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #46
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

I didn't read through the entire thread but had a similar experience at BMW of Dallas back when I was first looking at the car. We weren't asked to sign/leave a deposit after ordering the vehicle. When we were told that the car wouldn't be there in time we took every BMW we owned over to Classic BMW in Plano to be traded. Our family had bought cars from BMW of Dallas since 2001. Our former salesman didn't deliver the car, hung up on us, cut my trade-in appraisal in half AFTER we were promised a fixed amount, and then tried to sell us a car that had already been sold

Talk about piss poor customer service. He was reported to BMW of America and I assume was suspended indefinitely.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #47
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

Thanks for the support guys. It seems they did not call me back yet and it's been 2 days. I've called the SM yesterday and wasn't able to find him. I called the assistant manager today....same thing. Did they just did a disappearing act on me? I'll be calling BMW Canada tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #48
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

The GM has intervene and solved my problems. He lended me a car for free until my 335 arrives. The GM seems to be more easy going guy. Everything seems to be a lot better now.

Jacky
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #49
longer
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 Cabrio 2007

Garage List
BMW in the GTA

Sounds like the sales guy lied to you and everybody is just passing the buck because they don't want to deal with you.

Say it isn't so, a car salesmen telling a lie?!

We pay much for our cars here in Canada, you'd think we couldn't get a little better customer service. Please post what you end up doing!

.Chris

P.S. if you can get out of the deal maybe you should try a car that doesn't force you to experience the horrors of run flat tires.
Appreciate 0