E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > e90 325i vogtland coils extremely stiff?!

10-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Natee
Rep
Drives: Red 325i

e90 325i vogtland coils extremely stiff?!

as the title suggests, i recently finished (about a week ago now) an install on my e90 of vogtlands coils in the front and vogtland spring/shocks in the back as per the norm.

the front feels fine to me, however the back is a different story entirely. i have read nothing but good things about the ride on vogtlands and ive never been dropped before but the suspension is back breakingly stiff at the rear. i havent had it aligned as of yet just to wait for everything to settle but that wouldnt/shouldnt make much of a difference to ride stiffness anyway?

when leaving my estate for example the front you can feel the bumps in the road, the back you nearly bounce up and down in your seat, it just doesnt feel right and leads me to think there's a defect or i have made a mistake in the installation? although i torqued and triple checked everything

would my drop links be affecting this at all since i am fairly dropped now(no measurements or pictures) but the perches for the back are wound right out and there's about an inch of thread left on the fronts. bearing that in mind the back is sitting at two different heights but i know the springs are seated correctly as i checked them yesterday... id say between a 5mm-8mm difference

thanks for any suggestions guys ps the springs dont bottom out at all so thats not what im feeling atleast it doesnt sound like they are
Appreciate 0