E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension/Steering Refresh UPDATE

10-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
Barefoot-335is
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Coupe

Suspension/Steering Refresh UPDATE

So my 2008 335i was driving me nuts as far as suspension goes.
IMO, It is the Worst Handling BMW I have ever had so I bought everything to do a complete suspension and steering refresh/upgrade.

Installing following items:
M3 Upper and Lower Control Arms
Lemforder Inner and Outer Tie Rods
Koni FSD and BMW V2 Performance Springs with Pads
Lemforder Front Strut Mounts
Dinan Rear Shock Mounts
E36M3/ZM4 Front/Rear Bump stops
M3 Front Sway Bar

I'm Having an Indy shop do the work, they called me this morning to tell me that all the stock struts/shocks were blown and the car has been riding on springs alone.
I have had the car almost 4 years, bought it with 26k, car now has 57k miles. This explains a lot as far as the handling goes. Can't wait to get the car back!!!

It was so bad that I just replaced everything to do with steering and suspension. I am surprised because South Florida has nice roads, whatever, bring on the new ride!!!

UPDATE:
Got the car back today, WOW, what a difference!!! She is tight, but rides and handles so much better now. Front end is super tight as it should be with all new parts, what a difference!!!
Front end is staying nice and flat in the corners thanks to refresh and M3 Sway bar.
Can't wait to do the rears now, M3 bits and Subframe bushings with M3 Sways bar, the car should be almost perfect then.

The Front end is sitting higher than with the stock Sport Suspension but I will drive it a week to see how it settles. Anyone using drop hats with their FSD and V2 Springs??

Just thought I would update.

Last edited by Barefoot-335is; 10-20-2015 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 03:49 AM   #2
BMSE92_Harry
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

Did you buy the parts individually?
What makes you want to change out the tie rod at low mileage?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
Barefoot-335is
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Coupe

I collected the parts for the last 6 mos, as I found things on Sale and such.

Considering the wear on the rest of the parts, I just decided to do it all at once, now I know that the front end is new.

Going to start working on collecting Rear Suspension parts after I do the Front Brakes and Transmission Flush.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Last night I dreamt I test drove an E9X M3, F8X M3 and a M235i just because I was tired of the disappointing handling of my 335i

I guess I should actually go try them out...