E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > DRL's into Fogs?

12-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
3Thirty5i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Black Sapphire

DRL's into Fogs?

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the DRL's on even when the xenon low beams are on. I'm thinking of swapping out the H7 light bulbs in my DRL's for amber ones so that I can use them for my fogs. I replaced my bumper for the M3 replica one but there are no place to put my OEM fogs so I need to figure something out. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
AMT92
Lieutenant Colonel
Iran
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

your drl bulbs (H7) are used as flashing high beams when your xenon's are on. and you need a different bulb for the M3 bumpers.

do a little
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
3Thirty5i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Black Sapphire

I know what the DRL's are for. The M3 bumpers have no fog lights as options if YOU have done your research. I don't really need the DRL's for flashing people either. I find that flicking on my high beams with my xenons is much more effective for flashing than the DRL's are. If you ever drive around and just pull on your DRL to keep it in "high beam" you'll notice that it is very dim compared to your xenons in "high". I'm just looking for a solution to make my DRL's into amber fog lights. I'm pretty sure I saw an e92 running around with their DRL's on and their xenons at the same time. I was just hoping that person is on the forum and can suggest a method of achieving that look.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

The M3 bumpers have the intake ducts where the foglights would be, you can retrofit new foglights into there if you really wanted to.
Appreciate 0