E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > I'm in love - Help Needed

08-08-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I'm in love - Help Needed

Okay so my car comes back Friday from the door repairs.

Having spent some time surfing around the net I have decided that I truely love this vorsteiner hood, those grills just (to me) look so hot!

As I have yet to find any boot lips that I like (front lips are not practical as I have a killer driveway and a Mrs that touch parks) I'm thinking the hood would be nice to change.

What are people's thoughts given my car is Montego?

Anyway I think there was another forum member looking at one of these as well, if there is and they are still interested perhaps they could shoot me a PM as we could perhaps combine 2 shipments into 1 and save a few $ on shipping.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Just Do It Maybe paint it same as car with carbon fibre vents.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
Just Do It Maybe paint it same as car with carbon fibre vents.
I'm not big on carbon fibre unless the car is white so would be painting it to match the car anyway.

I just love the vents .......
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 05:09 AM   #4
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
I'm not big on carbon fibre unless the car is white so would be painting it to match the car anyway.

Reminds me of the Hartge H50 (e90 version) bonnet.... man i love that car!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Carbon fibre hoods aren't legal unless it passes ADR.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Carbon fibre hoods aren't legal unless it passes ADR.
Bugger:mad:

I wonder if I could get something like this fabricated (i.e. just the vents) and then have the bonnet customised?

Will need to do some research.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

Since you don't mind CF on a white car, I would still consider it on your montego. The blue/CF contrast looks sick IMO. There are some photos of an E91 with this paint scheme, and I am certain you can find many E46 M3s with that color combo.

Vorsteiner also makes non-CF hoods out of plastic.
      08-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
i vote do it, but that being said, it is an agressive look, that may look out of place on a car that hasn't had many mods done
      08-09-2007, 01:41 AM   #9
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
i vote do it, but that being said, it is an agressive look, that may look out of place on a car that hasn't had many mods done
I perfer less obvious mods where possible, but the vents just make the front look damn nice.

Am waiting for the people that make them to email me some more info then I'll chat to some panel people to see what needs to be done.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #10
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
OHaving spent some time surfing around the net I have decided that I truely love this vorsteiner hood, those grills just (to me) look so hot!
You are right Wopalx. Stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
That's what I was thinking too. It's like the rest of the car is crying out to have the same degree of make-over.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #11
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
That's what I was thinking too. It's like the rest of the car is crying out to have the same degree of make-over.

Cheers.
yep, i have only ever seen cars with that bonnet, that have been modded pretty hard core.. looked great on them, bu then i have also seen them on cars that aren't really modded at all, didn't look so crash hot
      08-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #12
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

hmm i got a chubby... let me know how much they are and if it's fits the e92...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
XPO186
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

+1 to most of these replies.

Keep in mind the vorsteiner look is very popular among E46 drivers.

The vents pretty much say "hey look... I drive a modded car!" But would look pretty funny if it were the ONLY mod done. I'd say, get PROcede and big wheels to match that bad boy!

I'd paint the whole thing except for the vents themselves, as the contrast would look killer with Montego. If you are truly adventurous install as is.
      08-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
decision?
      08-13-2007, 06:01 AM   #15
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Love the hood....but I agree, I think you need other mods to go with it. ie, a nice set of after market rims, etc
      08-13-2007, 07:53 AM   #16
OZMOD335i
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 530d Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Okay so my car comes back Friday from the door repairs.

Having spent some time surfing around the net I have decided that I truely love this vorsteiner hood, those grills just (to me) look so hot!

As I have yet to find any boot lips that I like (front lips are not practical as I have a killer driveway and a Mrs that touch parks) I'm thinking the hood would be nice to change.

What are people's thoughts given my car is Montego?

Anyway I think there was another forum member looking at one of these as well, if there is and they are still interested perhaps they could shoot me a PM as we could perhaps combine 2 shipments into 1 and save a few $ on shipping.
I'm about to order a Vorsteiner plastic hood with the cf vents in the next couple of days. A friend of mine ordered one for his supercharged E46 M3 to help with the extra heat from the engine bay. It looks fantastic. I'm ordering thru CA Automotive. $980US and $350US shipping. Aussie dollars not too bad at the moment so a little pain is gone. When it arrives I'll paint it white and leave the vents cf as i've already got a few extra's on. I'm in Queensland but if you want one let me know quickly. However if you order one on your own just get them to mark the cost down to help with duty. That may make a difference with paying the shipping.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #17
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZMOD335i View Post
I'm about to order a Vorsteiner plastic hood with the cf vents in the next couple of days. A friend of mine ordered one for his supercharged E46 M3 to help with the extra heat from the engine bay. It looks fantastic. I'm ordering thru CA Automotive. $980US and $350US shipping. Aussie dollars not too bad at the moment so a little pain is gone. When it arrives I'll paint it white and leave the vents cf as i've already got a few extra's on. I'm in Queensland but if you want one let me know quickly. However if you order one on your own just get them to mark the cost down to help with duty. That may make a difference with paying the shipping.
Can you advse the details for CA Automotive, I have had no luck with the other people in the US I was trying to get details from.

Do you have the dimentions & weight of the packaging, I have a Fedex account so may be able to save on freight.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 02:50 AM   #18
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Hi Wopalx - try Jlevisw.com. Just purchased wheels from them and they were excellent. Email nick@jlevi.com. They sell the Vorstiener hood. Here's the link -
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/BM...2823041b00ce5d

They will also quote freight via Baxglobal. Cost 1/2 the price to airfreight with them compared to Fedex.

If the total invoice value that accompanies the goods is less than $A1000 including shipping you pay no duty or gst.

Good luck - can't wait to see it on your car!
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 05:26 AM   #19
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
Hi Wopalx - try Jlevisw.com. Just purchased wheels from them and they were excellent. Email nick@jlevi.com. They sell the Vorstiener hood. Here's the link -
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/BM...2823041b00ce5d

They will also quote freight via Baxglobal. Cost 1/2 the price to airfreight with them compared to Fedex.

If the total invoice value that accompanies the goods is less than $A1000 including shipping you pay no duty or gst.

Good luck - can't wait to see it on your car!
Thanks for the info, will shoot them an email 2nite.

Love the vents still, shame the other people have not responded as yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 05:38 AM   #20
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZMOD335i View Post
It's great to see some Beamers getting modded in Oz. You see some great cars o/s, and it looks like we will see more here too. I'm going to love to see this hood when it arrives
      08-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #21
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

They already do get modded a fair bit! Most of the owners don't feature them in magazines though so you don't really hear too much about them.

Bavariacars in Sydney build the toughest BM's in Australia if you ever want your eyes opened on modified BMW's go check out the turbo M3's and various turbo/supercharger installs they've done and their own 2002 racecar that uses a M12 turbocharged F1 engine along with one of their customers wild M Coupe that drove to the drag strip, ran a 10 second pass and then drove home.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #22
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Have decided to hold on the hood at the moment, would realistically need to get other bits to go with it and am a little concerned about ultimate resale. Besides my mrs would go a tad nuts.

Have however ordered some Bilstein PSS9's and a couple of other things. Still investigating the LSD issues so hope to have a solution to that soon as well.
Appreciate 0