E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > H&R Cup kits?

07-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

H&R Cup kits?

Hello guys!

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! For me it was productive in the sense that I was able to stop by Jlevisw to pay the local shops a visit but to my misfortune, I was given another option to my choice of suspensions. I was seriously considering getting the Konis FSD paired with H&R sport (based on many solid reviews). If I wasn't on a budget, I'd consider getting KW V2s but Edison, one of the employees at Jlevis, introduced to me the thought of going with H&R's cup kit

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/cup-kits/

Is anyone running this current set-up and anyone that rocked these -- any comments? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
masonv0lume
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i M-Tech

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey, I have an E90 335i with the 1.5" drop kit and it is a great ride at slow speeds and really performs when pushed. I think it is a smoother ride round town than the standard Motorsport springs and shocks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
BBS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Mine will be here friday and will be installed saturday. I've had the 335 for 3 months and this is already my 2nd setup. Had the hr race + stock sport = horrible. I went with the touring cup kit so hopefully I'll be happy with it!
      07-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBS View Post
Mine will be here friday and will be installed saturday. I've had the 335 for 3 months and this is already my 2nd setup. Had the hr race + stock sport = horrible. I went with the touring cup kit so hopefully I'll be happy with it!
Please keep me posted on the outcome!! I'm very eager to find out before making the big decision. For now, my mind is pretty set on Koni Yellows paired with H&R sport (or maybe race).
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
orb2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Any update on the cup kit?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've been on the H&R Touring cupkit for approximately 6k km.
I think they're great for a daily driver.

My car will never see the track since there's none here, thats why I picked the cupkit.
I like the idea of matching damper & spring rate as H&R advertised.

I gave my Dad a lift a few times & he never mentioned anything about the harshness.
I asked him if the ride was uncomfortable & he said no.

My old man is cool.

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

remember this...

the touring kit has the SPORT springs.

the sport kit has the RACE springs.

you would think the sport kit came with sport springs, but no. seems counter-intuitive but if someone orders a sport kit thinking they are getting sport springs, they are going to have a surprise when it comes off the lift.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #8
SctsOut06
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

any update on this cup kit? looking at ordering a set for myself...

don't want to go for the slammed look...but would like a fairly aggressive looking drop.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnodnarb View Post

don't want to go for the slammed look...but would like a fairly aggressive looking drop.
click on my signature for the look of the Touring cupkit.

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:

The H&R Cup kit is a great choice for an everyday street driven vehicle. H&R Cup Kits are not merely a 'matched' spring and shock package, but rather a specially engineered 'solution' with springs and shocks being engineered individually in every application. This takes the guess work out of your spring and shock selection, and provides you with an application specific, precisely calibrated spring and shock set designed to deliver improved handling, uncompromised ride comfort and sleek styling in one precision engineered package. Keep in mind that the H&R cup kits are only available for the E90 sedans and is not compatible with the E92 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
Car looks great !!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #11
SctsOut06
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
Car looks amazing...that's the exact drop I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #12
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
The H&R Cup kit is a great choice for an everyday street driven vehicle. H&R Cup Kits are not merely a 'matched' spring and shock package, but rather a specially engineered 'solution' with springs and shocks being engineered individually in every application. This takes the guess work out of your spring and shock selection, and provides you with an application specific, precisely calibrated spring and shock set designed to deliver improved handling, uncompromised ride comfort and sleek styling in one precision engineered package. Keep in mind that the H&R cup kits are only available for the E90 sedans and is not compatible with the E92 models.

Car looks great !!
Thanks!

Quote:
Car looks amazing...that's the exact drop I'm looking for. Thanks for the help.
Thanks man! & you're welcome!

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the contributions, guys! 3 months later but I'll most definitely pick up a set after my spring+shock combo if I'm feeling for something new.
      08-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
neilvosko
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 FBO

why not for the e92, are the suspension parts not interchangeable?
Appreciate 0