E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My latest accident...

01-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #45
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Update on this - one calendar month after the accident, I'm STILL waiting to have the repairs authorised!

For some reason, even though I have managed to call and text the other driver successfully several times, her insurance company can't manage the same thing, so they've reverted to postal communication. Until they have her version of events they won't admit liability and won't agree anything.

I was worried about the way the car was pulling to the left, and the way the OSR tyre was rubbing over every single bump in the road. I took it to the garage who are going to do the repairs, and they have sorted the geometry and done some kind of temporary repair to the arch liner so it now drives straight and doesn't rub.

The dents may take some time to get fixed though... I even gave the woman's number to the insurance just in case they had it wrong, but no joy yet.
      02-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #46
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Finally... FINALLY! I had a call from Europa on Friday saying that despite the other woman still denying doing anything wrong, the other insurance company had admitted full liability on her behalf - 'no prejudice' I think they said.

Because it's taken so bloody long to settle, her insurers now have to contact the bodyshop to approve the estimate again. The wheels are in motion though, and it shouldn't be long before I get my car fixed.

I'm hoping once the bodywork is straight again, and I've got new tyres on (these ones are worn, not damaged) that I can start looking at spending some money frivolously on it. What I really want to get done this year is the DPF delete and remap, but that's a big expense. We'll see...
      02-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #47
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

About facking time too-glad that its finally getting sorted!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #48
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Glad its sorted.
I am waiting for your audio upgrade. What happened to that?
      02-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #49
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Still waiting for a long enough period of nice enough weather to make a decent start on it! It's killing me, I've got a huge box of audio kit just sitting in my garage waiting, looking at me, calling me every time I open the door...
      02-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #50
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Booked in at the bodyshop a week tomorrow they're going to refurb a couple of alloys that got scuffed over winter too, while they've got it. I find out Friday what my hire car will be for the 3 or 4 days they elect to have mine.