E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 318i N46 oil leaking from head gasket

03-27-2024, 06:31 AM   #1
tpetrov
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 318i

E90 318i N46 oil leaking from head gasket

Hello, i have a bit of a strange situation and every bit of advice wloud be much appreciated. I have e90 318i n46 engine and i recently changed the valve stem seals and head gasket. I took the head to a shop to be professionally sanded and we assembled everything. All was good for 1 day and then it started leaking oil from from the head gasket. Whats strange is that its leaking only when the engine is not working and there is no oil in the cooling system. Its leaking just below the chain tensioner where the head lies on the block. I did do the silly thing to buy the head gasket from ebay so im guessing it either wrong one or just shitty or there is something else im missing. Every bit of advice wloud be much appreciated because if i have to change the head gasket again wloud not be very pleasant. I will attach photos of where is leaking.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0