E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VK FMIC installed

04-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #45
seccsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
8am tomorrow!!
I wish I could drive down and watch the dyno...but I have to work....
Good Luck tomorrow!
      04-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs1.35i View Post
Ok, that is good to hear. I have the ACS1 tune (375 BHP at the cranck, that is enough for me). Tested and approved for the stock FMIC. But, I really do feel power loss after two or three times hard pulling on the highway. I do beleive that the VK IC can be benefitial as well in my situation. Just prefenting from heatsoaking.
Even though ACS told that your car would run worse?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 03:20 AM   #47
BMW-driver
Drive carefully :)
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 1M Valencia Orange

^Yes, you are right Red135. ACS is telling me that the IC is not recommended because it is not tested and tested all over on the ACS 135i. And, that there will be no powergains at all.

But, I do feel powerloss after a few hard pulls. And the powerloss is significant and maybe another IC can be helpfull. I am not looking for more power, but I am looking for a modification that prefents the car from loosing power. Everybody is telling me that a good FMIC will be helpfull for sure in my case (if the aftermarket FMIC is a good design!). Even AC Schnitzer said to me that a better FMIC can be a very good modification, but they do not recommend it to put on my car because it has not been tested by them.

VK is telling me that the denser air (lower AIT) and slighlty lower boost (automaticly for the N54TT), still give you some extra ponies as well. That is nice ofcourse, we will see.

I will bring my ACS1 with the VK IC to Schnizter Aachen. They can judge for themselves.

And, as we all can see, the VK IC is very easy to install and, if necessery, easy to re-install. If the car run worse with the VK, ofcourse I will re-install the VK. It is not such a big deal. But first, lets welcome the VK IC. I will tell you ofcourse my experiences.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #48
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
The main ideology about ICs is the ability to prevent against heatsoak.
Mr.5 , clearly you are stating facts, but some refuse to acknowledge it. Measuring AITs is the only way to compare apples to apples. I fear all this is going to do is cloud the whole situation and not help a single person looking to buy an intercooler. In JPs defense, I think he is looking for a glory run and that is his choice so we cannot bad him for that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #49
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
$$$

where did you purchase your IC, and whats the selling price. tkx.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #50
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

JP....hurry it up with the dynos...I've got a meeting at 10am.
      04-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #51
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Mr.5 , clearly you are stating facts, but some refuse to acknowledge it. Measuring AITs is the only way to compare apples to apples. I fear all this is going to do is cloud the whole situation and not help a single person looking to buy an intercooler. In JPs defense, I think he is looking for a glory run and that is his choice so we cannot bad him for that.
It isn't a "glory run" if the results are repeatable. You can only get good repeatable (stronger) power with an upgraded FMIC. It isn't a one off glory run.. I have lots of other data from the same dyno to compare it to.

You are clearly only after an AIT comparison... I am after a PROcede map comparison. I will also at a later date do your AIT tests, so quit getting your panties in a bunch, stop being so condensending, and shut the fuck up about our two different tests for 5 minutes

*any spelling errors are due to typing this way too fast, way too early.. Leaving for the dyno right now
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #52
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It isn't a "glory run" if the results are repeatable. You can only get good repeatable (stronger) power with an upgraded FMIC. It isn't a one off glory run.. I have lots of other data from the same dyno to compare it to.

You are clearly only after an AIT comparison... I am after a PROcede map comparison. I will also at a later date do your AIT tests, so quit getting your panties in a bunch, stop being so condensending, and shut the fuck up about our two different tests for 5 minutes

*any spelling errors are due to typing this way too fast, way too early.. Leaving for the dyno right now

JP, enjoy your dyno and I look forward to seeing your results. I have no ill will toward you at all.

I wish you could see my inbox. You are doing nothing other than hurting VK with your methods. People think you are hiding something and that is unfortunate. Mr. 5 is one of the most respected members on the forum and you ignore him as well. No one is telling you what to do. Your rude comments are really unnecessary.

By the way, why can't you log AITs during the run? I know it won't be the same, but it still gives some info.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #53
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
JP, enjoy your dyno and I look forward to seeing your results. I have no ill will toward you at all.

I wish you could see my inbox. You are doing nothing other than hurting VK with your methods. People think you are hiding something and that is unfortunate. Mr. 5 is one of the most respected members on the forum and you ignore him as well. No one is telling you what to do. Your rude comments are really unnecessary.

By the way, why can't you log AITs during the run? I know it won't be the same, but it still gives some info.

JP hook-up your iphone with Rev to log AIT. It shouldn't require much setup.
      04-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #54
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

My rude comments? You keep making it sound like no one understands what you're trying to say.. But that is way off. I know you want me and others to test FMICs with your method. I plan on doing that, but my first and most important goal is to test the canbus stage 3 map with the proper mods vs. Stage 2. And that is what I'm doing right now

I already said a while ago I that I would be logging the runs... What made you think I wasn't?

Also, what's this about ignoring Mr. 5? I talked to him via PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #55
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Also, if people think I'm "hiding" something by going to the dyno 2 days after I install the FMIC instead of doing your (again, nearly impossible to find a safe location) test.. Then they have serious issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #56
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

I've made my intentions clear long ago, I am testing the various stages on the same dyno.. Running stage 3 requires an upgraded FMIC which I now have.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #57
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Also, if people think I'm "hiding" something by going to the dyno 2 days after I install the FMIC instead of doing your (again, nearly impossible to find a safe location) test.. Then they have serious issues.
Good luck on the dyno. Truthfully I am looking forward to your results.

I never, ever stated how to test your IC nor am I telling you to do anything unsafe. I do want to be clear there. The standards were never established by me. Helix did a 2-4 gear pull. You can do 4 back to back long gear pulls on the dyno to see the results of your AITs. It would be ideal if you had done the same exact testing with the same exact stage 2 map, but that appears impossible now.

Vince makes a good point. You are testing the map and others will test the IC alone.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #58
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

2-4? I thought you did 1-4
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #59
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
2-4? I thought you did 1-4
All I am stating is you should do long gear pulls. 1st is almost worthless though because your car never has a high load on it so the heat it generates will be minimal.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #60
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

I told you numerous times that I will be testing the FMIC in that manner. I can't tell if you acknowledge that or not. Again (as I've states many times since the beginning) This test on the dyno is a canbus stge 3 test, only possible with an upgraded FMIC. I will be logging the runs.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #61
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

A Tundra with a blower just put down 500whp :lol
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #62
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I told you numerous times that I will be testing the FMIC in that manner. I can't tell if you acknowledge that or not. Again (as I've states many times since the beginning) This test on the dyno is a canbus stge 3 test, only possible with an upgraded FMIC. I will be logging the runs.
I do understand and I had no intention of you getting upset at all. If you do that AIT test, if you can try to run the same map. That is an "apples to apples" test. If not so be it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #63
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
A Tundra with a blower just put down 500whp :lol
dude.... you just got your ass kicked.... might as well go home...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #64
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

good luck on the dyno!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #65
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
I do understand and I had no intention of you getting upset at all. If you do that AIT test, if you can try to run the same map. That is an "apples to apples" test. If not so be it.

How many times are you going to repeat yourself?

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #66
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

I'm back from the dyno, writing up the post now.. uploading video to youtube....

The results were very interesting
Appreciate 0