E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Ignition/Engine start interrupted/defective/failure

09-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
FutureBSD
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

Ignition/Engine start interrupted/defective/failure

Hey everyone,

after I retrofitted my E93 2008 (which worked out pretty good and is working so far) I'm facing two issues.

1) I need to keep the start/stop button pressed to turn the car of. Is this a coding thing or does this happen because I might connected the button's cable the wrong way?

2) Depending on how much I code the car if differs between two issues:
a) Ignition interrupted / defective / failure (whatever the correct wording for "Zuendung gestoert" is)
b) Engine start interrupted / defective / failure (whatever the correct wording for "Motorstart gestoert" is)

Any idea how I can resolve the issue? I saw different kind of engine displacement values in one of the modules but when I try to remove everything but the N53... and code the car it just copies everything back in.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

What year do you have? And what version Daten files are you using.
It could be that you recoded the car with old daten and need the most recent versions (similar to the cluster malfunctions people get when not using newer daten files).

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
FutureBSD
Rep

I should be using the v42 daten files.
At least I had the v42 on my vaio laptop. But with the Vaio I had NFRM issues so I used my macbook pro for almost everything. Not sure about the version there. Will check it right away.

The car is a 03/2008 and has been coded as 09/2009 (because of the retrofitting).
I also added VO $6VA for the new CIC and removed $606 (because INPA is showing a CCC/MASK error and I thought it might help).

Edit:
I checked the files and they're dated April 2011, which sounds pretty new.

The error codes INPA is coming up with are:
1) 63 MASK/CCC - 1 error stored -> E1C4 60
2) 78 KLIMA - 1 error stored -> 9C97 61
3) 40 CAS - 1 error stored -> A123 61 (just sometimes and you can just reset it and it will not return for a while)

Edit2:
And thanks for the word I was looking for all the time.

The errors I'm facing are
1) Engine start Malfunction
2) Ignition Malfunction

Last edited by FutureBSD; 09-12-2011 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
FutureBSD
Rep

I did a comparison of my current modules and my initial TRC-Backup I created before I started with the retrofitting of my CIC.
There are TONS of discrepancies. Therefor I'd like to restore my initial TRC-backup.
Is there an easy was to do it?
I guess because it includes all modules (not just the CAS) it's not just: "Open NCS Expert -> Load Expert -> E89 -> Select CAS -> copy TRC to MAN -> Load Man file -> Code"?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
FutureBSD
Rep

I recoded the car and overall it's running better now.
However I'm still facing the "Engine start malfunction" error.
Is it possible that this is due to a wrong cabling of the start/stop button?
It's a flat cable (the only one without a nose so in this case you can plug this in the wrong way) and I'm almost sure that I plugged it in correctly. But because I've to keep the button pressed to turn of the car I'm not so sure anymore.
Can anyone please let me know if the red part of the flat cable needs to be on the left or right side?

Thanks
Appreciate 0