E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > BMW Drag Radials/Rims, M3 CF Hood For Sale Orlando

07-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
Velocity26
Resident old fart
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

The Promoter (Carl) is retiring at the end of this year. He still has a lease on the property (and first right of refusal on purchase of the land) and owns the track equipment.

I think that he is looking at another promoter to buy him out and assume the lease. Word is that it will happen, but the details are kept under wraps. The scary part is that the current lease is not very long and any new promoter would have to get an extension from the land owner before making an investment in the equipment and goodwill.

It still looks good that it will remain a track for the short term, until there is another use for the property.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Damn, well I hope they find someone soon so we can still race next year.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #25
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 335i coupe FBO JB4/Meth

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
Update: Meth installed, holy poop batman!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #26
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@PSI View Post
You absolutely want to run a better brand of methanol. . .like a VP M1 or similar. There are a number of places in Orlando that sell it by the 5 gallon container.

Alternatively, if you want to buy a pre-mixed solution, you can look for Snow's Boost Juice.
So car is running great with Meth setup, I appreciate your help/advice! I am looking into clutches and for the price comparison I am thinking of leaning towards the ACT clutch? At this point I think I am not going to mess with the turbos etc. Any input with that brand and/or recommendations? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billt335 View Post
So car is running great with Meth setup, I appreciate your help/advice! I am looking into clutches and for the price comparison I am thinking of leaning towards the ACT clutch? At this point I think I am not going to mess with the turbos etc. Any input with that brand and/or recommendations? Thanks!
Georgiatech above you has an ACT. . .I'll let him chime in here.

I personally would run an HPF/southbend clutch, as I prefer my engagement nearer the top of the pedal travel versus the bottom(how ACT is)

It's all personal preference though.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
[QUOTE=GeorgiaTech335coupe;12383411]Damn, well I hope they find someone soon so we can still race next year.

Doing the clutch here shortly, what are your thoughts on the ACT? I am trying to keep that stock feel to the car and not wanting to compromise the ride by changing to a "racey" feeling clutch?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #29
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

[QUOTE=Billt335;12440454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335coupe View Post
Damn, well I hope they find someone soon so we can still race next year.

Doing the clutch here shortly, what are your thoughts on the ACT? I am trying to keep that stock feel to the car and not wanting to compromise the ride by changing to a "racey" feeling clutch?
Everything is good about it except the clutch engagement point. It is very, very low to the ground. To be honest, if i could do it again, I probably would've went with something different like the HPF. The price point of the ACT is great, it holds the power I'm making great (FBO+meth+drag radials), but the engagement point sucks. It makes me miss my shifts a lot more. Some people are OK with it, but I don't like it. I can always let you get a feel for it if you like. Just let me know.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #30
Velocity26
Resident old fart
Rep

Wanted to throw out a few observation for Billt and any other locals that might be interested.

A friend and I went to Bradenton Motorsports Park and made a few passes through the 1/4 mile today. Maybe today was not a good representation of what you can expect on a normal T&T day, since they were having their bracket series immediately following, but the track surface was beyond perfect. If it were not for the 95 degree temps, it would have been perfect conditions. I was running the camera while my buddy ran his RT truck and you could hear the tires as he staged on the VHT. It sounded as if you were pulling 2 pieces of Velcro apart when he was slowly rolling forward to stage on the VHT.

With Billt's tires, from above, I had planned to lower the pressure to 20 psi to get them to hook, since they were spinning hard on the street, but I never got the chance. I did a small burnout and they stuck like glue @25. I have some video taken on a high speed camera showing that the tires never slipped an inch, not even a squeak. There was a late model 5.0 Mustang GT/CS with a single turbo conversion there and he could not get the car off the line. The car was hooking so hard that it would bog horribly coming off the line. It was one of those days where you could tear your car apart if you were trying to launch hard with a stick.

I guess we all have dreams of going there to humiliate a few unsuspecting street cars, but that was not the case today. There were no regular "street cars" there ... only a few street/track beasts that planned to run the brackets later in the day. My first "victim" was a late model Z-06 with skinnies/MT Drags, open LT headers, cam, etc. He was running low 10's. I must have scared him so bad off the line that he ran from me as if I were tied to a tree. I extracted my revenge and smoked him on the return road so I consider us even ;-) Other than the Z06 and a "stockish" GTR running mid 11's, the rest of the cars were full time drag cars running single digit times on slicks.

I ended up only making 3 passes, botched the 1st pass (forgot the TC on), 2nd pass was the keeper, then the car and track were really hot for the 3rd pass. I popped codes about the 1/8 mile point and the car fell on it's face hard (SES) so I aborted. It recorded a misfire on #6 and knock on 3, 5 & 6 and was running rough as heck. I restarted the car on the return road and it cleared up and ran normal again. Time to pack it up and head home before doing some damage. Ended up with a best of 12.97@107, so I was very happy, considering the conditions.

Had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and will hopefully do better next time ... when the weather cools down some.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #31
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity26 View Post
Wanted to throw out a few observation for Billt and any other locals that might be interested.

A friend and I went to Bradenton Motorsports Park and made a few passes through the 1/4 mile today. Maybe today was not a good representation of what you can expect on a normal T&T day, since they were having their bracket series immediately following, but the track surface was beyond perfect. If it were not for the 95 degree temps, it would have been perfect conditions. I was running the camera while my buddy ran his RT truck and you could hear the tires as he staged on the VHT. It sounded as if you were pulling 2 pieces of Velcro apart when he was slowly rolling forward to stage on the VHT.

With Billt's tires, from above, I had planned to lower the pressure to 20 psi to get them to hook, since they were spinning hard on the street, but I never got the chance. I did a small burnout and they stuck like glue @25. I have some video taken on a high speed camera showing that the tires never slipped an inch, not even a squeak. There was a late model 5.0 Mustang GT/CS with a single turbo conversion there and he could not get the car off the line. The car was hooking so hard that it would bog horribly coming off the line. It was one of those days where you could tear your car apart if you were trying to launch hard with a stick.

I guess we all have dreams of going there to humiliate a few unsuspecting street cars, but that was not the case today. There were no regular "street cars" there ... only a few street/track beasts that planned to run the brackets later in the day. My first "victim" was a late model Z-06 with skinnies/MT Drags, open LT headers, cam, etc. He was running low 10's. I must have scared him so bad off the line that he ran from me as if I were tied to a tree. I extracted my revenge and smoked him on the return road so I consider us even ;-) Other than the Z06 and a "stockish" GTR running mid 11's, the rest of the cars were full time drag cars running single digit times on slicks.

I ended up only making 3 passes, botched the 1st pass (forgot the TC on), 2nd pass was the keeper, then the car and track were really hot for the 3rd pass. I popped codes about the 1/8 mile point and the car fell on it's face hard (SES) so I aborted. It recorded a misfire on #6 and knock on 3, 5 & 6 and was running rough as heck. I restarted the car on the return road and it cleared up and ran normal again. Time to pack it up and head home before doing some damage. Ended up with a best of 12.97@107, so I was very happy, considering the conditions.

Had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and will hopefully do better next time ... when the weather cools down some.
Not a bad pass, glad you took it below 13.0! I have been stuck in the 13's before my latest mods so that is a good feat by any means in my book! Seems that once it gets too hot those cars don't do well, I am waiting for it to cool down before trying again! That and upgraded clutch, don't tell the wifey! Congrats, keep posted!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #32
Velocity26
Resident old fart
Rep

It just felt like a race against time. They started the final prepping about 10am and the temps were still a little cool. They ran the surfacing machine, then had a few full slick cars lay down some rubber, then they started allowing everyone else on the track.

I am not bitching about their procedure, because they know what they are doing and it works, but the temps were climbing by the minute at that point. A friend told me that my best time would likely be my first run (if I did not mess it up) and he was right, the temps (car and ambient) are the lowest on the first pass and both go up quickly from there. Many guys were waiting 30 minutes between runs to allow the cars to cool down, but the day was getting hotter too. Might try an afternoon T&T and see if the temps drop fast enough to allow the car to cool better between runs, or better yet, a Winter test.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #33
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
UPDATE: Hood is still For Sale for local pickup, buy it now for $400 cash takes it home!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #34
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
M3 Carbon Fiber Hood, $400 cash, local pickup only!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
bump
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
[QUOTE=GeorgiaTech335coupe;12443089]
Quote:

Everything is good about it except the clutch engagement point. It is very, very low to the ground. To be honest, if i could do it again, I probably would've went with something different like the HPF. The price point of the ACT is great, it holds the power I'm making great (FBO+meth+drag radials), but the engagement point sucks. It makes me miss my shifts a lot more. Some people are OK with it, but I don't like it. I can always let you get a feel for it if you like. Just let me know.
What ACT clutch did you go with? I am not so worried about the engagement point too much cause it sounds pretty close to how the stock feels. Just don't want to end up with something too racey for my daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

[QUOTE=Billt335;12718799]
Quote:

What ACT clutch did you go with? I am not so worried about the engagement point too much cause it sounds pretty close to how the stock feels. Just don't want to end up with something too racey for my daily driver.
Full face organic street clutch I believe. The one most people get.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #38
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

[QUOTE=Billt335;12718799]
Quote:

For daily driving, it is not bad at all. The only downfall of the clutch is the engagement point. It holds power, it's not hard to daily drive at all, clutch pressure is fine. The engagement point is what sucks. It is not close to stock engagement point. Stock is somewhere in the middle of the clutch depression, this is almost on the floor.

If you are around Baldwin Park or go to the track this coming up Friday, I can let you get a feel.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #39
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
[QUOTE=GeorgiaTech335coupe;12726319]
Quote:

For daily driving, it is not bad at all. The only downfall of the clutch is the engagement point. It holds power, it's not hard to daily drive at all, clutch pressure is fine. The engagement point is what sucks. It is not close to stock engagement point. Stock is somewhere in the middle of the clutch depression, this is almost on the floor.

If you are around Baldwin Park or go to the track this coming up Friday, I can let you get a feel.
Still debating, I work Fridays so that would be a no go... I may head over that way in the next week or so? Probably be a month or so before I do anything anyways, just trying to do some research. How's your car doing? Did you end up with turbo upgrade yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@PSI View Post
Good luck with the sale!! I remember you came in a couple days back. . .I'll see if I know anyone wanting the hood.
Question: Check engine light came on after running meth, it has since came off, looks like I may have had a air bubble in the line? The specific code was misfire cylinder 5 & 6. Should I be worried to run Meth? Could it be something else? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
Come get this hood from me this week or it's going on EBay, $300 cash takes it home!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #42
Billt335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [8.50]
BOTH SOLD!!!
JB4/ETS FMIC/Ultimate Racing Downpipes/MagnaFLow exhaust/ECS crank pulley/Dinan oil cooler/Dinan carbon fiber intake/Dinan Strut bar/VIS racing carbon fiber hood/CPE charge pipe w/Tial BOV/Meth/Spec Stage2+ clutch
Appreciate 0