E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Performed my civic duty tonight - Video inside - Lady got charged with Careless

12-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #45
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Good job OP. I would've done the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
You down with OPP?
This made me LOL.
      12-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #46
Je90win
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
ps. after watching the video, you must really have no life. should have told OPP that the volvo passing you guys was speeding.
- Agree

I watched a minute in to the video, and a minute in the middle. She seems competent enough to drive, especially considering the fact she made it home.

One thing if she was swerving everywhere and an immediate danger to people on the road, another to feel special for following someone who made it home safe. To report it, take time to go to trial, and happy the person gets dicked over because of your accusations is absolutely pathetic.

She should of reported you for stalking or just being an overall creeper with no life. Who does this? Really....?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #47
BMWcoupe335ii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Because he was implying that black people are more likely to drive under the influence
I'm black and I don't drink and drive, I dont even drink, and everyday I see caucasian college students getting stupid drunk at bars on weekend and getting behind the wheel and hurting themselves, there cars or other.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #48
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Je90win View Post
- Agree

I watched a minute in to the video, and a minute in the middle. She seems competent enough to drive, especially considering the fact she made it home.

One thing if she was swerving everywhere and an immediate danger to people on the road, another to feel special for following someone who made it home safe. To report it, take time to go to trial, and happy the person gets dicked over because of your accusations is absolutely pathetic.

She should of reported you for stalking or just being an overall creeper with no life. Who does this? Really....?
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #49
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Okay so I've already contributed my 2 cents but I watched a bit more of the video now and 6:20 made me lol pretty hard. He asked you about your vehicle, and you happily replied "BMW 335is, Bl—" and the operator interrupted, saying "COLOR??," then completely ignored your 335is comment (just random numbers to him) and was like "ok blue BMW."
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #50
Je90win
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Okay so I've already contributed my 2 cents but I watched a bit more of the video now and 6:20 made me lol pretty hard. He asked you about your vehicle, and you happily replied "BMW 335is, Bl—" and the operator interrupted, saying "COLOR??," then completely ignored your 335is comment (just random numbers to him) and was like "ok blue BMW."
LOL. Watching the video, its pretty funny. Even the operator seemed annoyed. 23 minute mark, that exchange made LOL for some reason.

OP-"I guess they heard the radio call and want to get on the tow (happily) HEHEHE"

Operator " I don't know what you're talking about"

OP- " Well, they need to get towed right since they're impaired. Guess tow truck driver knows something. HEHEHEH"

Operator "If you want, you can leave. Don't want to impose on you."
OP- "No, I'm ok. OHHH I think I see OPP =)))))))"

Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but OP needs a gf to go home to or up his game and bring a girl home after the club at 4am instead of being a creeper. You seriously FOLLOWED her home, I'm sure thats called stalking. She made it home safe and drived perfectly fine from the parts I've seen unless you want to reference a min mark for me.

In all honesty, I would of tried to help the person if I feel they are plastered or not safe. I would wave them down and suggest a cab and if all else fails involve the cops. I DEFINITELY won't be on here bragging about getting a "black female" (OP's words) a dui or whatever the case, still a hassle. She could of been tired for all you know.

*EDIT* - She probably didn't get out cause she was scared of the creeper that followed her for the past 20 minutes and is outside her house. If my girlfriend told me a guy was following her on the freeway all the way home, I'd tell her to have him follow her to my house so I can personally give him an award for being a great citizen. *sarcasm*
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #51
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
lol i kno. so sad =(
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #52
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

LOL

So I got an update from the OPP.

They said that they believe the driver wasn't actually the driver they pulled over.

In fact the driver and the passenger fled the vehicle when they stopped at the first townhouse complex and ran off and someone from inside the house came out and drove the vehicle away to where they got pulled over then.

But they believe the guy that took off was indeed a dui.

They are only pursuing the charges cause there is enough evidence for careless driving charge but not a dui, since the person they pulled over wasn't impaired.

The vehicle's registration address isn't even the same as the one they pulled into.

Oh and it's because the person admitted to being the driver of the vehicle.

Last edited by BigFoig; 12-17-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #53
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Like I said in the other thread, what you did was a bit excessive. Call it in and leave it at that.

The operator even stated several times to not put yourself at risk. IF you were in the wrong neighborhood, you probably wouldn't be sitting behind that keyboard.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #54
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Add another vote for 'thank you, OP.' I have neither tolerance not sympathy for drinkers who drive and put others at risk.
      12-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #55
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

I watched the whole video!

Didn't see real drunk driving... But it certainly wasn't 100% driving....

Don't know if i would have called... Certainly wouldn't have followed off the exit...

I do encourage your opion of calling the police! But it was borderside for me...
      12-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #56
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

OP, just go to OPP school and be done with it. Become an Officer so you can get paid to waste everyone's time.

Any chance the driver was just plain old tired? Any chance she kept thinking, "why does that car with the four-round rings keep following me?" Ever notice that she drifts in the lane only when a car approaches, maybe she has issues with being blinded by lights at night.

Please let us know your tag number so the next time we're in Toronto we know who the stealth OPP Officers are.

If you did that to me in the USA, I'd be suing your butt big time.

And one more thing, please don't have any children. If this is your level of intolerance, you may drive yourself nuts if you have kids. Just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #57
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
- Agree

I'm glad it wasn't just me feeling this way when I wasted my time watching this.
      12-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #58
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
- Agree

She seems to be driving ok to me too, might have one or two drinks but probably still under the limit. Looks like the OP is trying to play George Zimmerman here.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #59
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWcoupe335ii View Post
I'm black and I don't drink and drive, I dont even drink, and everyday I see caucasian college students getting stupid drunk at bars on weekend and getting behind the wheel and hurting themselves, there cars or other.
I never said you did.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #60
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Funny thing about it is that watching the OP's other uploaded videos the wrong person got charged w/Careless Driving. If I were anything like the OP I would refer the 'Civic Duty' video alongside all the other videos he has posted to the OPP. I'm sure they could reasonably determine who the driver is. In one video the driver proudly states his vehicle make and model, and probably divulged all his personal details. The youtube account links them all up nicely, and the OP could face street racing, wreckless driving, and public disturbance charges.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamicVapor?feature=watch

(It's 9AM now, let's see how long it takes for the OP to delete some of his vids)

Last edited by bling_singh; 12-18-2012 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #61
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe

The only thing that would have made this video worth watching is if the driver would have stepped out and beat your ass for not minding your own business and creating unnecessary drama. From what i could see, that driver was absolutely fine to drive and put nobodys life in danger. Now if she was drunk and actually swerving all over the road then absolutely, i would have called too but i didnt see anything dangerous in this video at all. Soccer mom move, shame on you
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #62
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Sounds like a SNITCH to me...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #63
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
OP, just go to OPP school and be done with it. Become an Officer so you can get paid to waste everyone's time.

Any chance the driver was just plain old tired? Any chance she kept thinking, "why does that car with the four-round rings keep following me?" Ever notice that she drifts in the lane only when a car approaches, maybe she has issues with being blinded by lights at night.

Please let us know your tag number so the next time we're in Toronto we know who the stealth OPP Officers are.

If you did that to me in the USA, I'd be suing your butt big time.

And one more thing, please don't have any children. If this is your level of intolerance, you may drive yourself nuts if you have kids. Just sayin'
Making you a wantonly litigious asshole. If you're not driving like a dick, then there won't ever be sufficient evidence for a ticket to stick. In England, that bringing that dumb a lawsuit would sink you.
      12-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #64
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh
Funny thing about it is that watching the OP's other uploaded videos the wrong person got charged w/Careless Driving. If I were anything like the OP I would refer the 'Civic Duty' video alongside all the other videos he has posted to the OPP. I'm sure they could reasonably determine who the driver is. In one video the driver proudly states his vehicle make and model, and probably divulged all his personal details. The youtube account links them all up nicely, and the OP could face street racing, wreckless driving, and public disturbance charges.

(It's 9AM now, let's see how long it takes for the OP to delete some of his vids)

What a tangled web we weave...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #65
boman993
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 993 C4S, E91 328ix, E36 323ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post

Amazing!!..hahahha
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #66
Fitz335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i Estoril Blue

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
So, I watched 2:30 of the video, saw nothing out of the ordinary and don't feel like watching the rest. She drove out of her lane once, which I've done before and I've never taken a drink in my life. But, I'll assume she did worse later on in the vid for the sake of argument:

1) Suspecting somebody is drunk, tailing them, calling thing police and getting them hit with a "reckless driving" charge seems like a lot of work without proving what you suspected. Did they say why they didn't charge with DUI/DWI?

2) What's the deal with paying witness money? Is that an incentive program for reporting drunk drivers specifically? That seems like a pretty bad policy if it's just for witnessing in general. It gives incentive to lie on people for cash.
Ya I'm assuming she wasn't drunk and that's why she only got wreckless driving.
Appreciate 0