E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > best quality front bumpers mtech or sport

05-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
boosted08
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

best quality front bumpers mtech or sport

Hey guys I dont post here alot but I am in a jam and would like some advice from the community. Long story short is one of my employees hit my 08 335i e92 with his tacoma . I have my car at a reputable bmw dealer having it fixed (Both myself and my father worked there for a long time so i know the guys) They do really good work and are willing to put whatever front bumper I want on the car. My problem is I dont want to hand them a piece of junk that needs modifications to fit. I am looking for a very reliable and reputable company or website that I can get an mtech or sport bumper off of. I am basically looking for a good quality aftermarket bumper for my car. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
kisho
Quiet till poked
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted08 View Post
Hey guys I dont post here alot but I am in a jam and would like some advice from the community. Long story short is one of my employees hit my 08 335i e92 with his tacoma . I have my car at a reputable bmw dealer having it fixed (Both myself and my father worked there for a long time so i know the guys) They do really good work and are willing to put whatever front bumper I want on the car. My problem is I dont want to hand them a piece of junk that needs modifications to fit. I am looking for a very reliable and reputable company or website that I can get an mtech or sport bumper off of. I am basically looking for a good quality aftermarket bumper for my car. Thanks in advance.
If the car is at a reputable BMW dealer that you and your father have worked for, why aren't you getting an OEM bumper instead? Wouldn't your hookup at that dealer be far better than any aftermarket supplier? Also, no replica will fit as well as OEM and as reputable an aftermarket supplier is, there is still the off chance you get "that" piece that doesn't fit right.

Having said that, you can go with JGmods
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
boosted08
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisho View Post
If the car is at a reputable BMW dealer that you and your father have worked for, why aren't you getting an OEM bumper instead? Wouldn't your hookup at that dealer be far better than any aftermarket supplier? Also, no replica will fit as well as OEM and as reputable an aftermarket supplier is, there is still the off chance you get "that" piece that doesn't fit right.

Having said that, you can go with JGmods
nice exert then a recommendation. I want a more agressive look, they can put the oem bumper on if i want the insurance company is paying for the repar, I figured if i can get something out of this i might as well. On a side note i know that an m3 bumper will not fit, maybe an oem sport bumper will fit with no other modifications?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
kisho
Quiet till poked
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted08 View Post
nice exert then a recommendation. I want a more agressive look, they can put the oem bumper on if i want the insurance company is paying for the repar, I figured if i can get something out of this i might as well. On a side note i know that an m3 bumper will not fit, maybe an oem sport bumper will fit with no other modifications?
Once you go rep, pretty much everything fits, or in other words "made to fit". So there are m3 reps made to fit. You can find them basically on any of the rep sites. Like I said before, there's always a chance of you getting "that" bumper that just does not fit and needs modding to make it work. Reps aren't very consistent as most are produced as cheaply as possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

i baught my e90 m3 rep bumper from ebay from europartsstore i believe it was about 280$ and it was a good fitment everything lined up but when screwing in from under the fenders i needed a friend to push in the bumper a bit but when everythings screwed on it looked as oem as possible..someone else on this forum has a review and pictures on it im sure if you sear auropartsstore or m3 rep bumper you can find it thats how i stumbled upon it..best of luck
Appreciate 0