E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > stupid fkn prius drivers

08-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
TotalPower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Vert AW

at least you figured out how to get the prius driver to speed up!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #46
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe

God i hate prius pricks, fckn liberal hippies. This thread did remind me of this old video though lol

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #47
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

There are days where I wish I drove a monster truck..... and the law wouldn't arrest me for the damage I caused.....
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #48
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

I'm going to take it a step further. At my job, we have spots for normal sized cars and compacts. We have so many people that we also have to have people park across the street in the parking garage. I get to work normally between 8:20 and 8:30 and the normal spots completely fill up before 8:30 yet the compact spots are always empty. If you look at the normal spots, you will see people who drive Pruis's, Mini's, Corolla's, etc.. taking normal spots and it drives me nuts. I can't park in a compact spot because I don't want door dings so I end up having to park across the street everyday. There are days I just think "since compacts want to park there, maybe I should park in 2 compact spots." But compact parking always fill up by 9 AM with normal sized cars and trucks.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #49
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
I just had this Prius experience this morning on my commute to work.

I came up behind this Prius on the left lane, I was going about 10 above the limit and the Prius was going about 5 under the limit, so obviously I had to slow down to get behind it (not tailgating at all). There was no cars to the Prius' immediate right so there was no reason for this Prius to be in the left lane if it wasn't passing. So I gently passed it on the right and got in front of it on the left lane (not aggressively, did not cut it off).

At that point the Prius just went bat shit crazy, floored it to tailgate me while flashing high beams and honking the horn. I was confused, I did not do anything aggressive (did not tailgate or cut off) to provoke him. I passed him with plenty of room in between so there was actually no impact on his leisurely path. So WTF??? I know I wasn't supposed to pass on the right but I wouldn't have to do it if he wasn't going under the limit on the left lane to begin with.

Lol, so I just floored it and left him in the dust.
Brake check, brake check, brake check...then accelerate off.
      08-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #50
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
Against a Prius, totally unnecessary. Didn't even need to downshift to completely leave it in the dust.

I used to do that a lot with my old 335i, until I got rear ended.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #51
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Am I the only one who got like, literally really mad, not just internet mad, at the video of the fat prius woman driver giving the truck owner an earful?

I almost just walked out of my building to find a Prius driver and scream ITS YOUR FAULT THAT IM SO MAD
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #52
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
A much better idea for tail gaters
Is to take your foot of the gas
So the car slowly decelerates
Pisses off the guy stuck to your bumper
Then when he loses it and tries to overtake on the right
You floor it
      08-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #53
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
You floor it
Considering that every soccer mom has an AR-15 I think I will just get out of their way. Ever seen Mr Brooks?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #54
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
You floor it
I was halfway joking. Halfway not though. I get rage way too easily. Theres just so many idiots on the road.

Its been nice living overseas and not dealing with the idiots on a daily basis.

For as "crazy" as everyone claims european drivers are, I feel much safer on the roads here, and have yet to experience one of my road rage fits that were generally induced weekly driving back in the states.

If someone is going slower than you here, they get as far over as possible so that you can overtake them, especially on two lane highways.

Also, far less accidents over here than I saw back in the states. Hard for me to explain that one though.
      08-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #55
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

The absolute worst unaccomodating drives on the planet in those POS.

Last weekend towing the boat to the river, now anyone who has towed anything knows you just can't speed up and slow down like a regular car. So we're on I10 out past Palm Springs when this dip shit in a prius comes down the on ramp(easy quarter mile long ramp) at like 35 mph, we both see him and he does not speed up or slow down gets to the end of the ramp and guess what there I am going 60 mph towing a boat and he has a fit like I supposed to speed way up or brake and let him in when he easily in the last 100' or so of on ramp could have either accelerated or braked to merge. I'm in traffic so no going anywhere except shoving his ass off the side of the road. He passes me about a mile later still screaming, six shades of red, about to have a coronary. He merges right in front of me and starts tapping the brakes. It's open to my left so I merge over and guess what dip shit's lane ends about a half mile later and he's forced off the freeway. Have a nice day ahole. Passed me again later going up the summit still having a fit.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #56
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
The absolute worst unaccomodating drives on the planet in those POS.

Last weekend towing the boat to the river, now anyone who has towed anything knows you just can't speed up and slow down like a regular car. So we're on I10 out past Palm Springs when this dip shit in a prius comes down the on ramp(easy quarter mile long ramp) at like 35 mph, we both see him and he does not speed up or slow down gets to the end of the ramp and guess what there I am going 60 mph towing a boat and he has a fit like I supposed to speed way up or brake and let him in when he easily in the last 100' or so of on ramp could have either accelerated or braked to merge. I'm in traffic so no going anywhere except shoving his ass off the side of the road. He passes me about a mile later still screaming, six shades of red, about to have a coronary. He merges right in front of me and starts tapping the brakes. It's open to my left so I merge over and guess what dip shit's lane ends about a half mile later and he's forced off the freeway. Have a nice day ahole. Passed me again later going up the summit still having a fit.
You should've bought him some candy.
Appreciate 0