E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > [Help] - Missing bulb retaining clip for E90 Headlight

12-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #1
BoBBoB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Clio 200 Full Fat

[Help] - Missing bulb retaining clip for E90 Headlight

Ok, so I'm a muppet, I changed the Main Beam bulb in my E90 Headlight Cluster, during the process (which is a PITA) I managed to knock the retaining clip off and it dissapeared into the engine bay ...... I've since taken the car to BMW who have managed to cable tie the bulb in such a way that I could pass my MOT.

The issue I have moving forward is that I need a replacement clip, the only option BMW offered was a new headlamp unit !!!!

Where could I get one of these clips from ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBBoB View Post
Ok, so I'm a muppet, I changed the Main Beam bulb in my E90 Headlight Cluster, during the process (which is a PITA) I managed to knock the retaining clip off and it dissapeared into the engine bay ...... I've since taken the car to BMW who have managed to cable tie the bulb in such a way that I could pass my MOT.

The issue I have moving forward is that I need a replacement clip, the only option BMW offered was a new headlamp unit !!!!

Where could I get one of these clips from ?

Thanks

Scrapyard is your only answer, unless you can find the clip in the engine bay
Appreciate 0