E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Charlotte NC Walnut Blasting Interest

02-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Jrmend8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
Charlotte NC Walnut Blasting Interest

Looking for anyone that does or knows of where walnut blasting of the intake on the N54 to clean out the carbon build up can be done in North Carolina. If I can't find anywhere locally I am considering buying the components I have found online for DIY of this process.

If you do this, know of anyone doing this or if interested in using the equipment for a price to rent it after I buy it and use it let me know. I would be willing to purchase everything, use it and then rent it out to anyone locally to use on their own vehicles.

Last edited by Jrmend8; 02-01-2014 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Title change
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
norteltre
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAG 2008 335xi coupe

Looking for anyone that does or knows of where walnut blasting of the intake on the N54 to clean out the carbon build up can be done in North Carolina. If I can't find anywhere locally I am considering buying the components I have found online for DIY of this process.

If you do this, know of anyone doing this or if interested in using the equipment for a price to rent it after I buy it and use it let me know. I would be willing to purchase everything, use it and then rent it out to anyone locally to use on their own vehicles.

It can be done in Raleigh, NC. I had it done on my 2008 335xi coupe. It was definitely work the money.

Shade Tree Garage
Independent BMW Service and Repair Facility
12401 Old Creedmoor Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613

Cost: around $450
Owner: Truett Ray

They usually schedule appointments about 2-5 days out. The service is excellent. And they'll even loan you an older model BMW until the work is done later in the day.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Jrmend8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by norteltre View Post

It can be done in Raleigh, NC. I had it done on my 2008 335xi coupe. It was definitely work the money.

Shade Tree Garage
Independent BMW Service and Repair Facility
12401 Old Creedmoor Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613

Cost: around $450
Owner: Truett Ray

They usually schedule appointments about 2-5 days out. The service is excellent. And they'll even loan you an older model BMW until the work is done later in the day.
Thanks appreciate the info. Seems to be more options up that way than in Charlotte.
Appreciate 0