E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu's/Shiv's Customer Service - A Joke...Yet Again(READ)

Closed Thread

01-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #45
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin@Vishnu View Post
You created this thread ONE business day after you had PM’d me about the charge made to your credit card. A good way to contact me is through our company email (Calvin@Vishnutuning.com) or our company phone line ((866) 584-7531) and not a public internet forum (it may take up to 2-3 days for me to respond to a PM).

I've already responded to you with our 30 day return policy that is clearly documented on your Invoice (receipt). I apologize if this policy is not documented on our website; however the shipping invoice is documentation for your final sale (like a bill of sale); which states our policy on returns.

Your purchase was made in October which is well beyond the 30 day return policy. The only contact you have made with me regarding a return was on 12/28 via PM on e90post.com
You told me the order was cancelled. That sounds legitimate enough to me to expect it not to be charged the next day. As I'm sure you noticed, I required read receipts on all your PM's so I know you've read them and did not respond. So please don't act like you never saw them. You make an error in documentation on your return policy and tell the customer to get over it? Glad to know my money means more to you than my satisfaction and the feeling of making things right with the customer. Just because I wanted to return my Procede doesn't mean I would not have bought any of your other products if you had made this right. But you my friend, have just lost a customer and expect me to be putting my 2 cents in every single thread that mentions Procede. There will be a day with your reputation catches up to you and you will only have yourself to blame.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #46
Calvin@Vishnu
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientblue3 View Post
You make an error in documentation on your return policy and tell the customer to get over it?
We made no error. There was proper documentation on your customer receipt.

Quote:
But you my friend, have just lost a customer and expect me to be putting my 2 cents in every single thread that mentions PROcede. There will be a day with your reputation catches up to you and you will only have yourself to blame.
You seem to be attacking me personally in a lot of your messages. Personally I am much more willing to work with and help people that are composed and reasonable with their requests.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #47
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We made no error. There was proper documentation on your customer receipt.

You seem to be attacking me personally in a lot of your messages. Personally I am much more willing to work with and help people that are composed and reasonable with their requests.
If your return policy is stated as being different on your website than on the invoice, that is an error in documentation.

From your responses, you've been completely unable to work with me, which is why I'm so upset. From your response that I've quoted above, it's pretty clear that you're unable to work with me and just saying, "well hey, we know we have it different in two places but because we don't want to give you your money back, this is the 'real' correct return policy."

I told you in my PM that we would try to work something out and I would completely forget this and move on and the only responses I've gotten from you was, we have a 30 day return policy, end of story. Sounds nothing like you "wanting to work with me."

If you are being sincere in that statement, feel free to PM me or e-mail me at SVTMustangCobra3@aol.com. My original offer to you to remedy this situation still stands. But if your only response remains, we have a 30 day return policy over and over, I will be pretty upset. It's your choice, do the right thing and your customers will respect you (and also most likely reward you with their business) for it. Is giving my $1,000 and change back (don't forget your keeping 25% for your "restocking fee"/$365 for doing nothing but accepting my package and putting it back on the self to be resold!) worth enhancing your reputation that may sell several more Procedes that wouldn't have been sold before? I don't know, the way you and your company handle this situation tell me and everyone else who reads this thread where your priorities lie.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #48
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

yeah dude, not because i hate procede and vishnu, but as a business owner myself, it's your responsibility to properly document your policies on EVERYTHING. you're lucky you are small time, i'm in a business where all my clients are 5 star hotels and even when things ARE properly documented and they aren't happy with it, i take the brunt. to maintain a customer relationship you do anything that will not adversely affect your company monumentally.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #49
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
yeah dude, not because i hate procede and vishnu, but as a business owner myself, it's your responsibility to properly document your policies on EVERYTHING. you're lucky you are small time, i'm in a business where all my clients are 5 star hotels and even when things ARE properly documented and they aren't happy with it, i take the brunt. to maintain a customer relationship you do anything that will not adversely affect your company monumentally.
Thanks for the reply. It's so true. I run a business within a publicly traded company so we care about keeping our customers happy not just because it keeps the stock price up, but because its the right thing to do. I look at it this way, if I was the customer, would I feel like I was getting screwed (especially on a technicality so they can keep my money)? My business is relatively new and I've been formulating all the policies from scratch and there were a handful of things I didn't think of that came up during the course of normal business operations that I should have included. Customers had issues and I had to make them right even though it wasn't something I had originally planned on doing/covering. I had to do this because I did not have it properly documented in all areas of literature that the customer could read before buying from me. The blatant disregard that Vishnu has for its customers grows by the day. It always catches up with you. I'd love to hear some of the stories of EVO owners who had to go through the same thing. I might post this thread on some of their boards and have them chime in here so that potential Vishnu customers know the real story.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #50
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

BTW, i'm incredibly serious about this post, my mother owns a company that does Customer Relations training and designs plans for businesses based on their industry and customer demographic, if anyone from Vishnu reads this and you are interested, PM me and i will give you her information. you guys obviously have a great deal of potential but thess childish business practices need to stop. even if the customer is wrong, you need to remind yourself... it doesn't matter. he is the one doing YOU a favor by being your customer, not vice versa.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #51
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

good luck orient i feel for u man and understand your frustration
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #52
VVA330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmister View Post

.....Permision to respond on your thread all mighty thread poster.

LOL Dude you're hillarious.... i don't take your responces as an insult. Even if your trying to insult me.

As i read this thread more, it seems more of a return money to you, then how bad your customer service experience was. Sounds to me like your trying to explode the whole they are bad customer service let me get members to agree with me and then vishnu will give me my money back. Sell the thing and kill it.

Anyway i'll go away from "your thread"

Peace and GL
Dude,
you should leave him alone. Regardless if he is right or not he is the one feeling like he has been shafted and has a right to express his frustration. not taking his side but you should lay off and stop antagonizing.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #53
VVA330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Quote:
I'm selling it for $1050 shipped new with the new serial to USB cable right now. I think thats an amazing price. Your saving almost $400 for the exact same thing you'd buy from Vishnu and Radio Shack. Heck, I can even ship it today!

This is an extremely tempting price for a great product and I would jump on it however after hearing the level of customer service they provide I am hesitant.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #54
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Somebody buy blues procede he keeps crying like a little baby and is trying to return his product,,,

Probably used to going to walmart and returning things 4 months later....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #55
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
Somebody buy blues procede he keeps crying like a little baby and is trying to return his product,,,

typically it's low end companies that adhere to a strict return policy. i have returned things 3 months after purchasing without a receipt to places like neiman marcus which is obviously not "wal mart" status. it's called having a rapport with your customers. which obviously Vishnu has no desire to create. it's a business first, it's great to be "friends" with your clients but ultimately it's a business.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #56
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
typically it's low end companies that adhere to a strict return policy. i have returned things 3 months after purchasing without a receipt to places like neiman marcus which is obviously not "wal mart" status. it's called having a rapport with your customers. which obviously Vishnu has no desire to create. it's a business first, it's great to be "friends" with your clients but ultimately it's a business.
Do you belive that every small business should have open doors for returns....
LOL they would not be in business if that were the case....
With the overhead of walmart or best buy for instance what do they care return it whenever,,,,
but come on, a smaller enterprise... get real bud
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #57
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do you belive that every small business should have open doors for returns....
LOL they would not be in business if that were the case....
With the overhead of walmart or best buy for instance what do they care return it whenever,,,,
but come on, a smaller enterprise... get real bud
like i said, don't take crap from customers to the point where you are putting yourself in financial jeopardy, but be accommodating. i have literally NEVER dealt with a business that acts like this, maybe i am lucky, maybe i mostly deal with higher end companies that would never be where they are if they acted like this who knows. either way, this type of practice is incomprehensible to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #58
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
....he is the one doing YOU a favor by being your customer, not vice versa.
bingo, somebody finally nailed it. That statement applies to all businesses when it comes to customer service.

Guess what folks, if you have customers you're in the customer service business whether you like it or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #59
Kbueno
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It's so true. I run a business within a publicly traded company so we care about keeping our customers happy not just because it keeps the stock price up, but because its the right thing to do. I look at it this way, if I was the customer, would I feel like I was getting screwed (especially on a technicality so they can keep my money)? My business is relatively new and I've been formulating all the policies from scratch and there were a handful of things I didn't think of that came up during the course of normal business operations that I should have included. Customers had issues and I had to make them right even though it wasn't something I had originally planned on doing/covering. I had to do this because I did not have it properly documented in all areas of literature that the customer could read before buying from me. The blatant disregard that Vishnu has for its customers grows by the day. It always catches up with you. I'd love to hear some of the stories of EVO owners who had to go through the same thing. I might post this thread on some of their boards and have them chime in here so that potential Vishnu customers know the real story.
Have you only dealt with Calvin? Maybe try discussing your situation with Shiv via phone and not a public forum. Theres always exceptions to company policies but you'll never get it this way.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #60
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It's not even 3 months and have you even read this thread? I had no idea they had a 30 day return policy because I referred to their website the whole time where they do not have their return policy properly documented. It says nothing about 30 day return policy. The reason I never looked at the invoice is because its inside a box I never used/opened so I had no way of knowing. The point is you can't enforce a standard unless you have it listed in all documented areas for customers to read so they can be aware.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #61
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVA330 View Post
This is an extremely tempting price for a great product and I would jump on it however after hearing the level of customer service they provide I am hesitant.
I think its an excellent price as well. Heck, I'm losing $400 for just having it sit in my room! The good news is if you buy it from me you won't be having to worry about returning it and thus hopefully having to avoid dealing with the same issues as myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335lvr View Post
Have you only dealt with Calvin? Maybe try discussing your situation with Shiv via phone and not a public forum. Theres always exceptions to company policies but you'll never get it this way.
Yes, I've only dealt with Calvin as Dustin and Shiv never responded to the PM's I sent them. Calvin made is pretty clear that he was not willing to work with me via his PM's. Don't let his response here fool you. He's saying that to try to save some face. All along I gave him options to remedy this situation and avoid me even having to post this thread. I was either greeted with no response or "your past our 30 day return policy." I don't consider that "being open to helping the customer."

This thread was a last ditch effort to get a response due to a lack of replies from anyone at Vishnu. As I stated in the very first post, I'm not one to go on rants or get emotional at the drop of a hat. This was well-deserved and Vishnu even knew it was coming (I told them I would post this thread if I got no response) and still handled the situation the way they did. What does that say? They were nothing about keeping their customers happy. Only taking their money from their pockets. Who wants to buy from a vendor like that?

Last edited by orientblue3; 01-09-2008 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #62
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

My Procede has been sold pending the clearing of the buyer's e-check. However, I still want this thread to stay alive so that others can be aware of these situations and to consider what happened to me before spending their money on any of Vishnu's products.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #63
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarsky View Post
It appears to me that there are a bunch of dumb motherfuckers that never should have purchased the Procede to begin with. Vishnu should offer an IQ test for buyers first and then check nut size second, this is not a product for light weights. Those people should go give Dinan $2,000.00 and STFU. So you think you got bad service, BFD and the rest of us have a fast car. Reading this tread so much reminded me of my ex bitch of wife, never happy, always complaining and on and on..
Guess your one of those whose happy with them taking their your money and telling you to GTFO. If that's the case, I have some land to sell you...

I could really care less what this thread makes me look like to people who sweat procede or who don't care about support after they purchase a product. What I do care about is people who spend $1,500+ of their hard-earned money and expect to be taken care of, when that is clearly not the case.

What are you an advocate for in your life? Post that and I'll call you derogatory names. I guess nothing is worth standing up for these days to some people.

For the record, this is the first thread I've spoken out about anything. So comparing me to your ex-wife that never stops complaining isn't much of an accurate comparison. Go out and enjoy your fast car, (I never said Vishnu doesn't make a hell of a product) just don't expect them to stand behind you.

This is the internet. If you have a problem with my thread, get over it and post somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #64
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

That's bullshit, if it isn't documented right on their website, Vishnu should step up and pay for the mistake not you. It's not like the procede he has is obsolete or anything, Vishnu just got extra interest on his money that they held.

And billmister please stop posting in this thread, all of your arguments make no sense. kthxbye.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #65
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarsky View Post
It appears to me that there are a bunch of dumb motherfuckers that never should have purchased the Procede to begin with. Vishnu should offer an IQ test for buyers first and then check nut size second, this is not a product for light weights. Those people should go give Dinan $2,000.00 and STFU. So you think you got bad service, BFD and the rest of us have a fast car. Reading this tread so much reminded me of my ex bitch of wife, never happy, always complaining and on and on..
Dude what's your problem. Let's just wait till what Vishnu says about this. This matter should be properly adjusted one way or another, otherwise people who read this thread, and some who were looking forward to buy a unit, are probably going to walk away. I'm not going to say Vishnu is seriously going to get affected now. But if you lose 5 to 10 customers now, who's to say you aren't going to lose more later.

As a future owner(car arriving in March) of e92, and potential customer of a piggyback unit. I too, demand clarification from Vishnu, and what they are going to with this.
      01-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #66
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
You created this thread ONE business day after you had PM’d me about the charge made to your credit card. A good way to contact me is through our company email (Calvin@Vishnutuning.com) or our company phone line ((866) 584-7531) and not a public internet forum (it may take up to 2-3 days for me to respond to a PM).

I've already responded to you with our 30 day return policy that is clearly documented on your Invoice (receipt). I apologize if this policy is not documented on our website; however the shipping invoice is documentation for your final sale (like a bill of sale); which states our policy on returns.

Your purchase was made in October which is well beyond the 30 day return policy. The only contact you have made with me regarding a return was on 12/28 via PM on e90post.com
If your return policy is only noted on the receipt (something your customer sees only after he purchased the product), and your website does not state the return policy (where your customer orders the product from), then you as a business owner should suck it up and accept the return. This is a conflict on your part. He as the purchaser sees that he can return the item according to the website where he orders the product. Then he receives a receipt with some fine print at the bottom that contradicts the policy on the site? WTF!

And 25% restocking fee? My god what does the Procede weigh? How large is your warehouse? How many Procede units do you have just sitting around? Since the OP is willing to accept that rediculous cost, I am amazed that you would not accept the return. This is a further reflection of poor customer service.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread