E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > Bmw 118i f40 2020 Infotainment screen issue

01-28-2024, 07:03 PM   #1
hrasul693
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Bmw 118i f40 2020 Infotainment screen issue

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here, I have a bmw f40 118i 2020 M Sport that was involved in a light front end collision where bonnet, grill, manifold was replaced, no airbags deployed and no structural damage.

Mechanically the car is sound and I know everything is back to how it should be, however I’m having a problem with the cars infotainment screen it doesn’t seem to be resetting after holding down the on button on mutilple occasions for varied amounts of time.

The first time tried holding it down for 30 seconds and then next day 2mins and next day 50 seconds.

Whatever I press the screen just doesn’t seem to want to turn on, it does however come on occasionally when it feels like it, mostly when I am reversing the car it will show reverse camera sometimes for a shortwhile then turn off and become unresponsive again, it’s in this state about 95% of the time.

Any ideas or help will greatly be appreciated.

I’ve attached the codes I’ve got from my snap on diagnostics tool in the images below.

Been pulling my hair out for past 4 weeks now only thing that’s letting the car down is this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 02:04 PM   #2
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
This forum is for site issues. Post in the F40 forum. I'm sure you'll get responses there. Good luck.

https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=822