E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Leaf Blower. .teaser.

03-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #89
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Oh and It is hooked up with belts and pulleys and such:

Also notice we pocketed the bracket so save some weight and it looks much nicer too
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #90
SavvyByNature
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 - SO M4

Looks good! What type of issues are you having to work out currently w/ tuning?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #91
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks

Well current issues with tuning aren't really issues, just more of a slow and steady approach to writing the software and fine tuning little bits and pieces of hardware. Like the brackets we changed slightly and the intake piping, little things come up as the project moves along.

Ive said it many times, But - Im not here to injure peoples cars or turn a Blower into a grenade in your engine bay, we are taking our time to properly test, fit, and tune this kit and are using real, top brand name parts in the kit that everyone knows and have been proven to work perfectly time and time again.

I know everyone wants it to be out right now, but trust me when i say that I want it done right and perfectly before anything is allowed to be purchased or put in someone else's car, other then my own.

Ill be able to put up better info when my vendor status refreshes tomorrow, but I will try and address questions ASAP as they come up
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #92
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Tar & Feather for the delayed response! lol, looks good gavin...take your time we would rather have quality shit then something produced over night.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #93
madmax95gtr
FBO WTF!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 99 Tacoma, 03 CBR 600RR

Im intereested in this as Im looking to either buy an additional car to my current fleet which will either be a 328 coupe for the wife.. or a X3

V710 19x9.5 Square|H&R Sport Springs|6000k D1S|Blacklines|Procede v5|HKS BOV|Stett CP|BMS DCI|Raceland DP|BigTom IC|M2 Exhaust|AEM Meth|M3 Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #94
Darkman69
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i 6MT

MMW website is up found it online http://www.MMotorWerks.net/index.php

Last edited by Darkman69; 03-22-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #95
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman69 View Post
MMW website is up found it online http://www.MMotorWerks.net/index.php
Take a look at post 87 in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #96
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

today is tomorrow + 4. what's up with your vendor statis gavin? lolz
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #97
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
It's been that for weeks if not months now......

That being said, I'm all for being patient and seeing how this comes out. It sounds like he's doing his due diligence on the quality of the SC, and considering some recent ARMA results, I appreciate that.
      03-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #98
CobraMarty
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi e90 + e92

Nice pics. Where does the belt then go? Is it separate belt/pulley setup or is that a longer stock belt?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #99
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
Lol it's back, Admins had to reset it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMarty View Post
Nice pics. Where does the belt then go? Is it separate belt/pulley setup or is that a longer stock belt?
Its all 1 belt, swapped to fit the S/C from the original serpentine belt.

There really isn't the space to run its own belt, it's a tight squeeze.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #100
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

You should try and see what you can do in making the kit carb legal :3
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #101
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Hmm.... I'll see about applying for it - but CA is very strict with a forced induction kit, so no promises.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #102
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
Hmm.... I'll see about applying for it - but CA is very strict with a forced induction kit, so no promises.
A try is all I ask, but even if not, my money is still being saved up for this and the race headers you've made a huge break thru though, is it possible for an intercooler and bov?
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #103
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Saloon

Quote:
I feel bad for you California people. I think we should reduce funding to social programs like Welfare so we can figure a better way of dealing with the smog problem in California that doesn't restrict the fun factor of the cars you guys drive. I honestly feel your driving enjoyment is far more important than some kid getting formula because his daddy did not understand the concept of pulling out.

Now back to the show...

-Nate
      03-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #104
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nate View Post
I feel bad for you California people. I think we should reduce funding to social programs like Welfare so we can figure a better way of dealing with the smog problem in California that doesn't restrict the fun factor of the cars you guys drive. I honestly feel your driving enjoyment is far more important than some kid getting formula because his daddy did not understand the concept of pulling out.

Now back to the show...

-Nate
You gotta be kidding.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #105
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nate View Post

Now back to the show...

-Nate
If you lived in cali you'd understand that its easy af to get welfare and not everyone uses it for what its ment for. By asking for it to be carb legal, the cops can't mess with us, they're hard as hell on us about modifying cars. In our socal area, the cops are worst and shit maybe they should cut some welfare down being as most of the people are junkies thAt apply for it anyway. I know people that are on welfare that dnt even need it and the smog problem won't be able to be solved with concepts of stopping welfare though, everyone knows its not gonna go anywhere anytime soon just like the smog laws. I feel that we should be like china and not nlet everyone have 10 kids....
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #106
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
You gotta be kidding.
Oui c'est une plaisanterie.

Quote:
If you lived in cali you'd understand that its easy af to get welfare and not everyone uses it for what its ment for. By asking for it to be carb legal, the cops can't mess with us, they're hard as hell on us about modifying cars. In our socal area, the cops are worst and shit maybe they should cut some welfare down being as most of the people are junkies thAt apply for it anyway. I know people that are on welfare that dnt even need it and the smog problem won't be able to be solved with concepts of stopping welfare though, everyone knows its not gonna go anywhere anytime soon just like the smog laws. I feel that we should be like china and not nlet everyone have 10 kids....
I am familiar with the emissions laws of California, Houston (and Texas) is fighting very similar mandates by the EPA.

-Nate
      03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #107
Dr.GumbyM.D.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
everyone knows its not gonna go anywhere anytime soon just like the smog laws. I feel that we should be like china and not nlet everyone have 10 kids....
I'd much rather have what we have here, "smog laws" and no limits on kids, versus what they have there, no environmental regulation, and limits on kids...

Watch the top gear episode from this season of them in Beijing... Holy crap, the air there is a disgusting soup of smog.

That being said, I've never lived in, let alone been in smog in my life, but if that ever becomes normal, we'll need to make a ton of kids to make up for the respiratory illness that will come from it. Bleh!
      03-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #108
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D. View Post
I'd much rather have what we have here, "smog laws" and no limits on kids, versus what they have there, no environmental regulation, and limits on kids...

Watch the top gear episode from this season of them in Beijing... Holy crap, the air there is a disgusting soup of smog.

That being said, I've never lived in, let alone been in smog in my life, but if that ever becomes normal, we'll need to make a ton of kids to make up for the respiratory illness that will come from it. Bleh!
I mean I'm glad that we have smog rules, but just cuz this company is smog approved and this one isn't, shouldn't have the right to jack their prices up by 300%.. that being said, companies like afe should have a smog approved certificate since a friend of mine passed with it on and had no problems. But either way, to make an item carb legal makes it noticed to the government. Its like having carb legal turbo kits, they're there but its hard to find and are rediculous on price for the performance you have. That's why I requested that gavin at least try to see what the carb board says to his SC kit. I've heard of vortech passing smog before so let's see were the rest of this goes?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #109
drek20
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328XI

any updates on this or did it fail.

18" Avant Garde M310 Wheels / Magnaflow Cat-Back
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #110
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

This might be the ultimate teaser thread.
Appreciate 0