E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Classic BMW -Dallas, TX- Paul Payne

06-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
m3 bavaria
Indecisive lover of the M badge.
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Too many to list.

Classic BMW -Dallas, TX- Paul Payne

I've visited Classic several times, and each time, was disappointed that the sales staff wouldn't assist me. Granted, I'm young (24), and generally wear flip-flops and shorts when I'm not at the office, but I never got so much as a "hello".

I visited Classic's new facility two weekends ago. The facility was gorgeous, and a greeter met my girlfriend and I at the door. She introduced us to Paul Payne, a sales associate. He let me snoop around the 335i coupe and sedan in the showroom, and then took us by golf cart to the 335's on the lot.

When we didn't find a sport package with a 6-speed. He informed me that the only car to that spec was sitting inside the showroom with a dead battery.

I told him that I'd like to drive it, and he made it happen. I felt that was certainly beyond the call of duty, given the treatment I'd received before.

The negotiations were easy (though I didn't get a spectacular deal, price wise), but I don't mind paying for good service, as my position pays me on commission as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Scarecrows25
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 - Jet Black

M3, I had pretty much the same treatment at Classic -- sounds like you and I dress alike when we're not at the office.

However, after I asked to speak to someone in new car sales, the attitude changes. I don't know whether they get a lot of tire-kickers or what, but they seem content to let you wander around until you ask for assistance. My CA's are Michael Radke and Bill Griffin -- both very helpful.
      07-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrows25 View Post
M3, I had pretty much the same treatment at Classic -- sounds like you and I dress alike when we're not at the office.

However, after I asked to speak to someone in new car sales, the attitude changes. I don't know whether they get a lot of tire-kickers or what, but they seem content to let you wander around until you ask for assistance. My CA's are Michael Radke and Bill Griffin -- both very helpful.
Although the service was great and personnel was very nice, I don't plan on returning to Classic ever again as they tried to install the old (2005) tires on my car and charge me as they were the redesigned ones (post-Sept 2006). The tires remained on my car, and are getting louder and louder (6000 miles on them; replaced at 8000 miles), but I did not pay a penny for them...

The BMW of Dallas gave me the same, great service, therefore, I will return over there...
Appreciate 0