E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Irv is great, but how good is his dealership?

05-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
niftyhawk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530xi

Irv is great, but how good is his dealership?

Irv is great, but how good is his dealership,Motorwerks, esp. after u bought a car from there? I heard great reviews about irv but kinda worried if the dealership will take care of the service requests and faults and treat u as a good customer? Any experiences?
      05-16-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

Motorwerks service dept. gets a thumbs up from me. SHortly after getting my car back from ED, I had a flat tire warning and took it to the dealer. I looked online and all things pointed to the runflat needing to be replaced. The service rep. also mentioned with runflats they will very likely have to replace the tire. I told them just do whatever they needed to do and went to talk to Irv about the Euro. Del. experience. WHen the car was done the service advisor informed me the tire had a extremely small puncture and they were able to plug it with no problem and no charge. He assured me the plug would be secure. I was astonished they did not just change the tire and pass me a large invoice. They were honest , and they were right. The tire now has an additional 17000 and never had any problems.

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
choatie88
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX, Volvo XC90, McLaren 12C

Another positive rating here... I work and live downtown and wasn't savoring the prospect of going to the dealer in rush hour traffic to pick up my car. Irv said, no problem, take the Metra out and someone from the dealership will pick you up. I ended up missing the train I told Irv I'd go out on and got there about 20 minutes after the stated time, but the Motorwerks rep was still there waiting for me.
      07-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
omg516
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

I'll give my experience with Motorwerks. I was told by a CA that I had to pay an acquisition fee for Owner's Choice and they tried to charge me an extra $825 for it and would not budge, saying I have to pay it because OC is basically a lease. This is definitely not what I recalled from reading about Owner's Choice Financing online, so I went to a different dealership who told me that with Owner's Choice you are financing, so why would I have to pay an acquisition fee? So I called the CA at Motorwerks to ask him why, and he never returned my call. I had been speaking on the phone and emailing with the gentleman for over a week about the car and he decides to never call me back. I won't name any names, but if he was mistaken about the acquisition fee and not lying to my face he would have called me back.
Appreciate 0