E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Any chance anyone has a single VMR VB3 18x8.5 they'd part with at a reasonable price?

06-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Any chance anyone has a single VMR VB3 18x8.5 they'd part with at a reasonable price?

After being a big fan of VMR wheels, I've lost my faith in them. Found out that they do not offer paint for repair other than those little pens, won't make an exception and send me a small can for a fee, and won't even provide me with the color code info to get the paint made. Their solution for my curb rash is for me to go pay to have the wheels professionally refinished and all four repainted. Gee, thanks.

Anyway, I also discovered that one of my 18" VB3s has a crack now and is rapidly leaking air. So I need it replaced.

If anyone's got a spare they'd be kind enough to part with at a reasonable price, it would be appreciated. I'd prefer gunmetal, but if not, then I suppose I could just Plastidip all four or something so they'll at least match until I buy a new set of different brand wheels.

Thanks everyone!
      06-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

Alot of more Baller brands than vmr don't supply touch up stuff in fear of replicas. Volk racing wheels are $$ and don't offer even replacement bolts for their 2 pc wheels. The paint is close to impossible to match too.

Rim pro can have it welded pretty easily. And under $200 which is under what they cost per a wheel.

Sucks about the damage though. New England road suck
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Alot of more Baller brands than vmr don't supply touch up stuff in fear of replicas. Volk racing wheels are $$ and don't offer even replacement bolts for their 2 pc wheels. The paint is close to impossible to match too.

Rim pro can have it welded pretty easily. And under $200 which is under what they cost per a wheel.

Sucks about the damage though. New England road suck
That's really lousy of the brands, then. It's paint. That'd be like BMW refusing to offer paint because they're afraid competitors might copy them. Silly.

I've heard a lot of bad things about repaired wheels and given the cost, I think I'm better off trying to source a replacement wheel for a bit more or just buying a new set.

What irks me is that these wheels are only 18s, don't get used in the winter, and I haven't hit a pothole in ages. There's no reason they should have cracked.