E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Ipod playback with new CIC software

02-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #45
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I don't think that any errors will show in this particular case, that could be the reason that BMW keeps coding the wrong VO into the CIC worldwide right now.

By the way, the BMW Factory rep can fix for any customer this if the dealrship just call him/her up. After all, he/she uses NCSExpert...
Tommorow I will suggest my dealer to read a faults first and code CIC (not program). If iDrive still won't be fixed, I will ask them to call BMW Factory Representative. This time Im much more prepared than I was last week Can you tell me a full word of VO please?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #46
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakal View Post
Tommorow I will suggest my dealer to read a faults first and code CIC (not program). If iDrive still won't be fixed, I will ask them to call BMW Factory Representative. This time Im much more prepared than I was last week Can you tell me a full word of VO please?
Vehicle Order. The CIC is being coded for 6VC (Combox = iPod/USB adapter and Assist/Bluetooth) when the VO has instead 6FL (MULF - iPod/USB adapter) and/or 639 (TCU - Assist/Bluetooth)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #47
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanx a lot

I will post results tommorow.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #48
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Good news Today I left my car at my dealer. There was other technician who worked on my car today. I wanted to say to him what Juiced46 and Tehnic wrote here, but he immediately knew where the problem is and how to fix it - that somehow I have software for a car with Combox and they need to code CiC for a hw I got. If it won't work, they will call main BMW importer for our country to renew VO codes. One hour later they called me and told that issue is fixed and I can pick a car.. Everything now works like before

Thanx everyone, especially Juiced46 and Tehnic for all your help
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #49
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakal View Post
Good news Today I left my car at my dealer. There was other technician who worked on my car today. I wanted to say to him what Juiced46 and Tehnic wrote here, but he immediately knew where the problem is and how to fix it - that somehow I have software for a car with Combox and they need to code CiC for a hw I got. If it won't work, they will call main BMW importer for our country to renew VO codes. One hour later they called me and told that issue is fixed and I can pick a car.. Everything now works like before

Thanx everyone, especially Juiced46 and Tehnic for all your help
No problem! Glad they got it sorted out for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #50
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Vehicle Order. The CIC is being coded for 6VC (Combox = iPod/USB adapter and Assist/Bluetooth) when the VO has instead 6FL (MULF - iPod/USB adapter) and/or 639 (TCU - Assist/Bluetooth)
We tried to recode my car using NCSExpert. The problem we ran into was that it refused to read the CIC module saying the expected file is not present. The coder said we have to wait for an update of some sort for NCSExpert. I guess it has something to do with the software update not being able to be read by the currently available NCSExpert files.

I could be wrong.
      03-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #51
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
We tried to recode my car using NCSExpert. The problem we ran into was that it refused to read the CIC module saying the expected file is not present. The coder said we have to wait for an update of some sort for NCSExpert. I guess it has something to do with the software update not being able to be read by the currently available NCSExpert files.

I could be wrong.
The DATEN files are outdated, the NCS version is ok.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #52
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

I wonder if I retrofit combox the dealer cant "update" my software with the newest COMBOx revision instead of me having to code it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #53
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

the dealership has my car currently, I'll call them and let them know of this! thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 04:12 AM   #54
adistoe82
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i X-Drive

Hi,
I had the HPFP recall done at my 09 335I X-drive and I have the same problems now with my I-Drive plus the oil level sensor error. I can't read the oil level in the I-Drive menu. I have attached a few pictures to explain better what is going on. Now under "Vehicle status" I have two icons to check oil level instead of one.When I press the first one, warm engine, I have the "Engine oil level measurement only possible when ..... " and that's it, after a few minutes it remains the same, I don't have the MIN-MAX bar anymore. When I go to the second icon to start the exact measurement I have an error message coming saying that I could have a bad oil level sensor but in the cluster display the oil level function works and it is at max where I knew it was before I had the software upgrade.
I took my car back at the dealer and they had no idea why I have two oil level measurement icons and they said as long as I don't have any lights or error messages on the cluster or I-drive I should wait for my next oil change to have the system checked. First they thought I have a bad oil level sensor but after I showed them that the cluster oil level work they didn't know what to say.

I want to go back but I don't know what exactly to ask them to do. I am afraid they will send me on my way again saying that there is nothing major otherwise I would have the check engine light or some warning message on my I-Drive, but that is not my problem, I want to have the system working properly.

Any advice is appreciated
Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #55
09Monaco335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335i xDrive

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I have this same problem after the dealer did a software update to my car. I assume this is some type of error related to how the software was installed/coded for my car, and not a sensor hardware problem. Can someone else confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adistoe82 View Post
Hi,
I had the HPFP recall done at my 09 335I X-drive and I have the same problems now with my I-Drive plus the oil level sensor error. I can't read the oil level in the I-Drive menu. I have attached a few pictures to explain better what is going on. Now under "Vehicle status" I have two icons to check oil level instead of one.When I press the first one, warm engine, I have the "Engine oil level measurement only possible when ..... " and that's it, after a few minutes it remains the same, I don't have the MIN-MAX bar anymore. When I go to the second icon to start the exact measurement I have an error message coming saying that I could have a bad oil level sensor but in the cluster display the oil level function works and it is at max where I knew it was before I had the software upgrade.
I took my car back at the dealer and they had no idea why I have two oil level measurement icons and they said as long as I don't have any lights or error messages on the cluster or I-drive I should wait for my next oil change to have the system checked. First they thought I have a bad oil level sensor but after I showed them that the cluster oil level work they didn't know what to say.

I want to go back but I don't know what exactly to ask them to do. I am afraid they will send me on my way again saying that there is nothing major otherwise I would have the check engine light or some warning message on my I-Drive, but that is not my problem, I want to have the system working properly.

Any advice is appreciated
Thank you
      04-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #56
Nightfly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' E93

Just a quick note of thanks to all the thread contributors (especially Technic) for covering this issue so well.

I, like others ran into the problems after going through the HPFP campaign. I did my homework here, called my SA and presented him a copy of the thread. I like my guy a lot and while "on the record" he said he couldn't use it as source material for diagnostics, "off the record" he asked to keep the printouts.

Apparently mine was the first vehicle they've had that needed the recoding (again, off the record, he suspects there are others but the owners just don't know it) Since I was the 'beta' test for the shop, it took a little longer to complete the work, but once done, everything is back to normal. (BTW - I do like having the music collection 'random' checkbox now able to be set as a softkey selection)

A little social engineering hint for anyone getting blowback from their dealer on covering the repair: Let them know you're not blaming them for the problem, it was BMWNA's poor roll out and procedure implementation. Make it clear you appreciate their efforts to clean up BMWNA's mess.

Thanks again e90post'ers !
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #57
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

I BRING GOOD NEWS!!!! After getting on bmw's ass a few times they finally put their thinking hats on and solved it!

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #58
chuzo
Private
Panama
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycam View Post
Today it changed to display Unknown in the box on top here (the track that is currently playing):

As you can see the tracknames are displayed below, but not in the currently playing box. Very strange..!

Another view:

Apart from that it works fine!
hi,

can someone tell me how to switch these screens on the idrive?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #59
Weltdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW e92

Hey I know its an older thread, but I just bought 09 e92 and am having the same issue with UNKNOWN ARTIST for my ipod and usb and also the error of reading the oil level in idrive.

I will be stopping by the dealership tomorrow, was just wondering what is the best thing to say to maybe help them out in fixing this issue, if they are completely clueless as some said they might be?

Thanks !
Appreciate 0