E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HELP! Engine Warning after JB-3 Install and SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT!!!

02-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

HELP! Engine Warning after JB-3 Install and SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT!!!

History:

I have been running a JB2 for a little over a month with no problems. On Saturday, I removed the JB-2 and installed a new JB-3 pinout version. I took my time and did everything just like the JB-2. Everything worked well Saturday, Sunday, and today driving to work. I also drove it at lunch with no problems. I have been on Map 6 the whole time.

Problem:

After leaving work, I hit the highway, and immediately got an engine warning light, with a message saying "Engine Failure. Please decrease speed."

I immediately pulled over, powered her off, and let her sit for about five minutes. In the meantime, I popped the hood...everything looked okay.

I started her back up, and everything seemed fine...until I pushed the accelerator to get back up to highway speed. The engine light was no longer on, however, something was not right. It's like the turbos weren't spooling at all.

So I limped home, pulled into the garage, and hit the throttle. I know how my engine sounds by heart. What I can tell you is that there is no "whine" when i give her gas. There is no high pitched whoosh. It just sounds like a regular old car, and there is no boost through the RPM range.

I am at a total loss. I don't even know what to do or where to begin. Ignore my sig for now. Most of that stuff is sitting on my front porch as I type. The only thing relevant is the JB-3 and BMS Dual Cones.

Oh, and there is still no check engine light, but I bet if I were to go drive it for five minutes, it would come back on.

HELP!!!!!
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
uhcoug2011
Uhcoug2011
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

terenceburger@gmail.com
      02-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcoug2011 View Post
Oh, man! Not a Coug! Ugh.

Rah Rah TCU...Rah Rah TCU!

Just kidding.

ThorsHammer
Bleedin' Purple since 1992.
Go Frogs!

Okay, not that THAT's out of the way.

I just fixed the problem. Any of you who have done this install know about those black vacuum lines...the one with the little T? Well, when I was doing the swap from the JB2 to the JB3, I had to reverse the bypass process. When I did that, I noticed the end of one of the tubes was kind of split.

It went on with no problem and seemed to be seated pretty well.

Guess what. That little fucker had split all the way and wasn't even connected! I just snipped the end, and put it right back on.

Fired ol' SYONRA up, and she's purring like the ferocious tigress she's supposed to be.

Man. Sorry for the drama-post above. I'm so happy it was an easy fix. I should have checked that first, but the thought didn't even cross my mind.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
thisguyhere
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

wow, i bet you're relieved as hell!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
uhcoug2011
Uhcoug2011
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
Oh, man! Not a Coug! Ugh.

Rah Rah TCU...Rah Rah TCU!

Just kidding.

ThorsHammer
Bleedin' Purple since 1992.
Go Frogs!

Okay, not that THAT's out of the way.

I just fixed the problem. Any of you who have done this install know about those black vacuum lines...the one with the little T? Well, when I was doing the swap from the JB2 to the JB3, I had to reverse the bypass process. When I did that, I noticed the end of one of the tubes was kind of split.

It went on with no problem and seemed to be seated pretty well.

Guess what. That little fucker had split all the way and wasn't even connected! I just snipped the end, and put it right back on.

Fired ol' SYONRA up, and she's purring like the ferocious tigress she's supposed to be.

Man. Sorry for the drama-post above. I'm so happy it was an easy fix. I should have checked that first, but the thought didn't even cross my mind.
What are the odds haha!

Good to see you got everything fixed up