E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Connecting Parrot UNIKA CAN wiring

01-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
djdd87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

Connecting Parrot UNIKA CAN wiring

Hi guys,

Sorry to join just to ask a question, but I'm a bit stuck on my Parrot MKI9200 and UNIKA install. I've got the Parrot MKI9200 installed and working correctly (well, it was working, but to cut a long story short I accidentally severed the head off the screen cable while putting the dashboard back together).

I was hoping someone could elaborate or explain what page 5 of the installation manual is telling me to do. I've got everything hooked up using a SOT-976FB cable, I'm pretty confident about how to connect the UNIKA wiring to the Parrot and SOT lead, but I'm not 100% positive on how to wire in the CAN Low and CAN High wires.

If I'd have to guess, I think I can use a scotch lock on the wires (of the SOT lead, not the original harness) going into pins 9 and 11. If this is correct, then I'd need to get some additional cable to crimp onto and put a bullet connector on the end?

Apologies if this is all nonsense, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
djdd87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

I spoke to just car kits and they're going to send me a SOT cable that has everything I need for 30 quid. It'll also route the audio via the AUX. I'll post back with the results when it arrives.
Appreciate 0