E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > E92 Coupe Individual Spec

10-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
Rob55
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M Sport

E92 Coupe Individual Spec

Hi,

We are going to change my mother's car, she's driving an 04 530d Touring at the minute and we're thinking of replacing it with the new E92 335D Coupe. Few questions:

(1) What's the deal with BMW Individual? We would like the car in Estoril Blue and with either M3 CSL or M6 wheels, but I'm not sure if this is actually possible. Is the so-called "Individual" merely an extended limited spec list, or can you really make it Individual and spec the options I have mentioned?

(2) Are they all automatic, or will it be possible to get a manual version?

(3) Finally, does anyone know when the Sport model should hit the UK market?

Thanks,

Rob
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
Rob55
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Bump? Have I posted this in the right section?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
Rob55
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Well after speaking to my dealer it seems the colour and wheels are not possible, nor is a manual box :mad: And the Sport won't be out til roughly June 07.

Cheers guys
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 03:32 AM   #4
335d coupe
Mike
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4M Roadster

Scrob,

So far as I'm aware, the individual 'deal' is currently only available on the Z4 and M3.... but I could be wrong...... and if I'm not..... then doubtless - if deemed successful enough - it will spread to other model ranges in due course. However, I know someone who got individual on a M3 and it took NINE MONTHS to arrive.......

As regards the 'sport' option for the E92 due in mid-07; what is THAT gonna have anyway that the 335d SE doesn't already have and/or can't be specced with? The 335d SE comes with sports seats and sports suspension as standard anyway. I think the sport as such will just add a bit of extra styling tweaks both inside and out (slightly lower spoiler maybe, fatter steering wheel etc.). The SE can furthermore be specced with nice 19" wheels too (with 30 profile rears): I doubt they'd fit 20s to the sport.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #5
Spacer
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i, becoming an X3!

Garage List
Scrob: Who did you speak to: Bavarian, JCK or The Country Garage? I know in the back of the E90 brochure, it talks about Individual, and I assumed it was just more options for a higher price.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Rob55
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d coupe
Scrob,
As regards the 'sport' option for the E92 due in mid-07; what is THAT gonna have anyway that the 335d SE doesn't already have and/or can't be specced with? The 335d SE comes with sports seats and sports suspension as standard anyway. I think the sport as such will just add a bit of extra styling tweaks both inside and out (slightly lower spoiler maybe, fatter steering wheel etc.). The SE can furthermore be specced with nice 19" wheels too (with 30 profile rears): I doubt they'd fit 20s to the sport.

Mike
Mike, I agree there probably isn't MUCH difference between a well specc'ed SE and a Sport, but the 2nd hand market will always favour a Sport with the right options and it's more likely to hold its value going on previous E36/E46 Coupes. I would also imagine they will launch it with one or two different wheels and maybe a slightly different option list to set it apart slightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacer
Scrob: Who did you speak to: Bavarian, JCK or The Country Garage? I know in the back of the E90 brochure, it talks about Individual, and I assumed it was just more options for a higher price.
I spoke to JKC and BMW UK direct via email at the time, that's who we buy all our cars from.

The good news is we currently have a 335d Coupe SE out on test at the moment and we love it, looks like there will be an order placed for a Montego Blue Sport when it becomes available
Appreciate 0