E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > car lost all power today

06-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
tomtom11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

car lost all power today

hello, I drove my 08 335xi automatic to get a haircut today. when I got back in the car and started it up everything was fine. I put it in drive for about 20 seconds and while i was still in the parking lot i started to go over a speed bump. i was barely moving as the speed bump was big and as my front wheels were getting over the top of the speed bump the car shut off and lost all power and said service engine soon. I took the key out and put it back in and started it and the car was perfectly fine. i got home and scanned the car and the only code i had was

2D2E:
2D2E Angle of throttle valve - intake pipe underpressure, correlation
Error will cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
Short circuit or signal interruption

I looked into this code and it seems to just be a code that comes up from having a tune so I dont think that code had anything to do with what happened. as there was no other code I don't know how to diagnose this issue does anyone have any idea what this was? I dont think you can stall an automatic but thats what it felt like happened lol. thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
tomtom11
Captain
Rep

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
cwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 e92

only thing I could come up with is if your running jb or procede maybe the power wire is loose . would throw that code and cause same problem
      06-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
tomtom11
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarren View Post
only thing I could come up with is if your running jb or procede maybe the power wire is loose . would throw that code and cause same problem
thank you I will check that
Appreciate 0