E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > BMW SE 330D Engine Sound

08-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Tugy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe M sport 330D

BMW SE 330D Engine Sound

Hello there, i am new to these forums, really like some of the stuff here, but abit confused on were to find exactly what i am looking for.

if anyone can make my job easier by helping me out, i have a bmw 330d 2007 plate that has been tuned (245bhp) and i would like to know how i can increase the engine sound. (the sound where i accelerate )

it does kick when you put your foot down but i really would like the sound to increase, at the momment the standard sound is not impressive at all.

what modification can i do to my car regarding induction kit? or exhaust changes please let me know, or any other ideas are more then wellcome.

thanks in advance, respect
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
jacobniell
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugy View Post
Hello there, i am new to these forums, really like some of the stuff here, but abit confused on were to find exactly what i am looking for.

if anyone can make my job easier by helping me out, i have a bmw 330d 2007 plate that has been tuned (245bhp) and i would like to know how i can increase the engine sound. (the sound where i accelerate )

it does kick when you put your foot down but i really would like the sound to increase, at the momment the standard sound is not impressive at all.

what modification can i do to my car regarding induction kit? or exhaust changes please let me know, or any other ideas are more then wellcome.

If you only got 245 out of the tune, there are still at least 20 hp to add. A friend of mine has a 2006 330d that is tuned to 265 hp and a lot of Nm
He is aiming for about 300 hp and has just bought new IC´er to help him achieve his goal.
Regarding sound I am not able to help.
Regards
      08-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugy View Post

You're driving a diesel... Modern ones can simulate some good sporty noise... it's pretty hopeless for yours...